Calley Farm

jordantaylor

well ive started my new layout tonight.

im using the name of the farm i work on as the name for it but its not based on any farm in perticular.

i have gone for the approach of not drawing up any plans or basing it on any farm but building it and making decisions as i go along as to how its going to turn out. for now its looking like it will be a small sheep and arable farm set deep in the british countryside.

the machinery that the farm runs is a 2wd ford 7610, 3085 massey and a loader tractor is yet to be decided. we may also invest in a 6290 massey aswell. we will run a small old combine yet to be decided but it will be a claas domi 108 if i calnt get hold of the other norev claas combine when released.

the farm is 650 acres. 300 is arable, 290 is good grazing pasture, 30 is rough pasture and 20 woodland with 10 acres of set asside.

the flocks consists of around 400 mule sheep with a few pedigree texel rams. there are also 50 ryeland on the farm along with 75 suffolks.

the crops grown are wheat, barley and oats. and some ground for stubble turnips and some forage rape.

majority of the work is kept on the farm with contractors only being contracted in when the weather is bad or if there a rush to get a job done.

i will try and get some photos as i go along s i can update you as to how im getting on

well ive started my new layout tonight.

im using the name of the farm i work on as the name for it but its not based on any farm in perticular.

i have gone for the approach of not drawing up any plans or basing it on any farm but building it and making decisions as i go along as to how its going to turn out. for now its looking like it will be a small sheep and arable farm set deep in the british countryside.

the machinery that the farm runs is a 2wd ford 7610, 3085 massey and a loader tractor is yet to be decided. we may also invest in a 6290 massey aswell. we will run a small old combine yet to be decided but it will be a claas domi 108 if i calnt get hold of the other norev claas combine when released.

the farm is 650 acres. 300 is arable, 290 is good grazing pasture, 30 is rough pasture and 20 woodland with 10 acres of set asside.

the flocks consists of around 400 mule sheep with a few pedigree texel rams. there are also 50 ryeland on the farm along with 75 suffolks.

the crops grown are wheat, barley and oats. and some ground for stubble turnips and some forage rape.

majority of the work is kept on the farm with contractors only being contracted in when the weather is bad or if there a rush to get a job done.

i will try and get some photos as i go along s i can update you as to how im getting on

Looking forward to the updates Jordan ,sounds like it will be a good one

• Like 1