Sainsburys Lexion 600 TT

Hoss

That belongs to a mate of mine who helped me with the combine Paul, its quite a set up with a lot of his own conversions too. Bear with me as Im stuggling with photobucket at the mo but getting there !!

Edited by Hoss

Header was made from 2 U/H Tucano headers, used middle section of 1 then 2 end sections off other one with brass middle arm, reel was the hardest job or should I say fiddlyest job !, got hold of a damaged Norev 770 for a steal which was the donor for the tracks which we then repaired the damage & converted to a wheeled one, biggest job with tracks was making axle frame to get combine to sit at right height. As we had the real combine at work contacted the graphics company who did the real one and they still had the artwork on file which I got a local company to scale down & print in vinyl so bit of luck there but must admit was one hell of a job to put on especaily round the back left hand side, had to cut it a lot but it dosn't look too bad. Would like to get some better lights beacons & numberplate to finish off & I hear PMA32 are bringing out new tank lids for Norev 770 so have to see what they look like as siku's arn't quite right. 

Header was made from 2 U/H Tucano headers, used middle section of 1 then 2 end sections off other one with brass middle arm, reel was the hardest job or should I say fiddlyest job !, got hold of a damaged Norev 770 for a steal which was the donor for the tracks which we then repaired the damage & converted to a wheeled one, biggest job with tracks was making axle frame to get combine to sit at right height. As we had the real combine at work contacted the graphics company who did the real one and they still had the artwork on file which I got a local company to scale down & print in vinyl so bit of luck there but must admit was one hell of a job to put on especaily round the back left hand side, had to cut it a lot but it dosn't look too bad. Would like to get some better lights beacons & numberplate to finish off & I hear PMA32 are bringing out new tank lids for Norev 770 so have to see what they look like as siku's arn't quite right. 

thanks for replying with all the info mick,its a superb build and something different,pma are bringing out the grain lid,it was me who emailed them to ask,due out in february,thanks again mick,a credit to you

Thanks Paul, will keep an eye out for those tank lids. The upright 580/750 ones they do are suberb, got a norscott 580 which Im putting tracks on to make into 570+ TT the tank lids look grand on that.

I like this a lot as it is so individual, what luck for the graphics hardware to still be on file. It isn't just the decals though, by the sound of it this was quite an engineering project too. It has all been worthwhile though as you have something really special there. Will you do anything with the steering 'space satellite' Duke managed to whack on the back of this toy? :lol: PMA/Artisan had that grain tank extension at the show in Zwolle back in November, kit form or ready built and painted. We asked if the bigger extensions were coming and they already had them drawn up and planned for making so it sounds like they got the job done in good time if they are to be available in February like they told Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for comments Tris, it certainly was a bit of luck with graphics. Thought we could do it from photos of the real one but it just wasn't good enough. Yep the old steering handle bars will have to go I think & another thing which Paulali with his 770 has picked up on is rear wheels are wrong way round so will have to put that right, & on my 770 as well, cant believe never noticed something as obvious as that !! Well done Paul. as said earlier would like to give lights & beacons a make over & possibly make spout a bit longer as we had XXL spout on the original for 1050 header. Good news about tank lids so roll on febuary !

Edited by Hoss