Maybe I'm just too old for Facebook and Twitter. I've seen the trouble Facebook has caused my step daughters and their friends, over the past few years, and don't agree with putting very personal matters on any public media; as they did. 

I'm always suspicious of any media, and in particular things like Linkedin which offers you an opportunity to publicise your business and any details you may care to put in to it. My suspicion comes from the possibility of who may be collecting information from these websites and what they may be using it for. I'm aware that this forum is open to anyone who would care to join and collect information for whatever purpose......... good or bad.

Maybe I'm missing the point of these websites, but  having seen the trouble they have caused, the amount of time wasted on them, the inane drivel on Twitter, and the trouble makers on Facebook have generally put me off of advertising our business venture on there. We get enough idiotic people 'e' mailing us on our website as it is, so we have our doubts about any benefits we may gain from either. We advertise on websites that are directly connected to our end product. The contacts we get are usually genuine, so we don't get time wasters, malicious messages or unwanted opinions on the subject.

Having said that; a lot of people do like either or both, and get a lot of enjoyment from them so they can't be all bad. If you like it and it works for you then that's great.  ;)

Archived