Perhaps the BT bosses should be told to apply Sean, with what we've been experiencing here with our broadband issues over the last 6 years they need to be sacked, re-employed and re-trained. Quite a few of their customer service staff need a good sort out as well!

well i cant comment on that tim, i certainly wont deffend them either, all i can say is bduk devon(superfast broadband) kicks off any time soon, with i belive this end of devon due to start ramping up arround april next year,going by the scheduals i have seen so far , although that will prob come forward truth be known, and we will be covering your area from plymouth to going by the maps,not the usual guys that way  so i guess time will tell

We've been told that we might get it sometime in 2015 but that will be to the village only which in effect will make the cabinet the exchange but they have to upgrade all the equipment in the existing exchange first but the group of us that are suffering at present are a mile out from the village and unless they renew the lines out to us from the village it may never happen. Would be nice to know what is on the cards though as BT won't say anything. Very frustrating and annoying because we're not getting anywhere near the speed we're paying for, one household here is so disgusted with the 'service' that they contacted BT to inform them that due to this they were suspending payment of their bill until such time that they supplied an adequate service, all BT have done, you've guessed it, cut them off, so now they've got nothing. I agree in principal but at least they had broadband of sorts and need it to operate their phone system that works on a microwave system, it's complicated but it's a system that uses home-plugs and relay boxes, you'll know what I'm on about Sean. So really, all they've done really is cut their nose off to spite their face.

dont know whos told you that ,but until i see whats planned i cant say what type you will get, given its a small exchange i doubt the exchange will be upgraded, it will prob become a "child" exchange off a nearby bigger one, thats how we usally build it, and yes we do include areas that are not fed via a cab right now,or e/o areas as we call them , by adding extra cabs into the network, satalite  or wireless will never happen unless  its a very remote place to get to, as it costs way way much more to provide and run, more infact that laying ducting at £190 a meter for a single bore in a road way,grass is less, but by the time you factor in wayleaves to owners etc not much less, in turn thats passed to you. check your small print to, as you dont pay for a "speed " you pay for up to a max speed no more, thats all bt and all service providers like virgin sky  etc are made to operate to, you may be a mile from the exchange, but the cable feeding you may well run 2 or 3 miles till it gets to you, the biggest issue in all of this belive it or not are residents and councils who want the service, but then flat refuse to allow the new dslams to be sited outside thier houses,walls even  points on the street  ,they need to be x meters from a power source see . if they get problems like that, bt just walk away, that area gets dropped until a lot later in the program, we have big targets to hit to get the funding,hence why bar sundays and the very rare off day like today, i am pretty much flat out, . we cant afford to wait for that sort of problem just down to pure finacial costs and penalties imposed on us. this may sound like old technology to you, broadbands been arround for years now, but the stuff we are putting in is state of the art, way way ahead of most of europe , the predicted spend for cornwall alone was 100 million,we aint far from that target , but still going ahead with it despite any overspend ,devon at a guess will be as much if not more , who knows,

Archived