Spraying Resin

Brewingale

Question

4 answers to this question

Make sure you give the resin a good bath in soapy water Steve, you need to wash off the releasing agent that'll have been sprayed inside the mould to get the part out after it's been cast......  otherwise the paint will react and won't stick to the resin ;)

also try the halfords surface cleaner in the aerosols.  make sure you use a piece of paper towel to wipe clean and dry.

celulose thinners will also work but be carefull that it does not attack the resin using the above methods.

i have a similar problem with artisan-32 resin wheels,i keep getting fish eye's when spraying or even painting with a brush! i have tried all the above ways of cleaning them even sanding them! nothing works

the stranger part is that it only happens with newholland yellow and white! genuine paint to!

at first i thought it was bad or old paint! but i tried it on other surface's and no problems!

has any one had his problem to? 

Archived