Finstown model show

8feetmower

I hope the show goes well John. Not one I can attend this year I'm afraid as much as I would like to come back and see more of the island but that will be the weekend of the Deveron Valley Ploughing match in Banffshire. Anyway I hope you will have your camera with you and take some photos to share with us on here. I must admit I was very impressed with the Orcades show I attended in Dounby last year. I'm still toying with the idea of having a weeks holiday on the Island again this year if I can tie in the Orkney vintage rally and one of the local agricultural shows. Although the weather was not the best when I was there last year I just liked how everyone I met and spoke to had all the time in the day to chat and show me around...plus the lack of road rage we have to endure in Aberdeen.

The date for the two agricultural shows and the vintage rally look good for me John and don't clash with any other vintage shows for me down here and only the Tarland Agricultural Show which I don't exhibit a tractor or models at anyway. I'll send you an email about the best ferry to cross over at the top with since I'm not prepared to endure a boat voyage like the last time from Kirkwall to Aberdeen ;D  ;D

John ...on the Friday you will have to listen for the chimes from Brian's van as he tours the island ;D  ;D

Oh and if there are models at any of the shows for sale you may have to stand in selling ice cream as Brian will have to come home with some models :huh: 

• 6 months later...

I delivered a Renault Clio to the boat at Aberdeen yesterday which was being returned to Orkney after repairs in Inverness. I did consider becoming a stow-a-way in the boot but then remembering my return journey from Orkney to Aberdeen in that boat last year I decided otherwise ;D  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived