My Review: 1/32nd John Deere 7810 with twin tires by Schuco

Jason

Well, I finally got my hands on one of the 1/32nd John Deere 7810's by Schuco! I was expecting it to be the 7810 with singles, but the local toy dealer in Ontario Canada that specializes in 1/32nd( EuroCan Diecast) emailed me and said that they had taken delivery of the 32nd 7810's with twin tires. I was informed that the 7810 with singles was not due in until May in Canada( have one of them on order as well) but was told I could come take a look at it. Well I drove over, saw one look at the tractor and bought one on the spot! I must say that the detail, and time and effort that went into the 7810 Deere is outstanding! Even though the 7810 Deere is modeled after the Europe version of the Waterloo built 7X10 series, it is still quite similar to the many 7810's that I have seen in real life around my neck of the woods. Where to begin reviewing this magnificent model? 

Lets start with the cab detail:  Upon opening the plastic cab door, it is almost like climbing up into a miniature version of the full scale 7810 John Deere. Everything from the handrails on the cab door, to clutch and break petals are replicated on this model. It has all the details, right down to the power quad transmission, with the left hand forward/reverse lever. Just like the real deal! The steering wheel, has to be one of the best. most accurate steering wheel I have seen lately on a 32nd model. Only the 32nd Universal Hobbies MF/AGCO/Challenger 32nd scale tractors, and the 32nd ERTL Precision 8400, 8430 and 8530 row crop tractors could it be compared to. At least by going with what 32nd models are available  in Canada. The rear cab window also opens, which is a very nice touch, and the front 3 point hitch link arms are moveable. Nicely done. 

In general, Schuco nailed it with the 32nd 7810 John Deere, in my opinion. It is replicated just like the real deal. Yes, some of the small details such as the licence plate are not required in North America, but then again our regulations are different across the pond. Still it is a nice touch. Even the lug nuts on the wheel wells are replicated and painted silver, which all the more sets off the model even further. Even, the engine it's self features great detail of the Power Tech engine that was used in these tractors. By far, this is the nicest 1/32nd John Deere  non-precision model I have yet to come across! Yes, it costs a bit more over an ERTL/Britain's model, but the detail is a heck of a lot better on the Schuco models vs. Britain's.  Its a shame that Britain's did the 32nd 3155 Deere's over Schuco. I really hope we see more awesome models like this in 1/32nd in the future. I also wish that Deere dealers in North America, and Schuco were allowed to build and sell North American versions of Deere and CIH stuff over here. The detail is amazing and truly blows away anything in 1/32nd that I have seen ERTL/Britain's produce, as far as 1/32nd tractors go. There are some ERTL 32nd items that are nice, but clearly I believe that ERTL is way behind in 1/32nd compared to other 32nd Toy companies in Europe.

I REALLY appreciate Schuco doing the 7810 Deere in 1/32nd, they could not have picked a better model to make a model of. I also have the 32nd Schuco Deere 4955( and soon will be getting the Schuco Deere 4755)  The 4955 is also nicely done, but when together side by side... The 7810 really shines and stands out much more then the 4955. I think, because there was more detail added in the cab, vs. the 4955. I am not knocking the 4955 or the 4755, as the detail on them is pretty nice as well. Not sure, but Schuco did a Heck of a job on these beauties. I am sure its not a 100% perfect model, but man what I a nicely produced toy tractor. Its a shame that Schuco is unable to sell through Deere dealers in North America. 

When I was visiting Eurocan Die cast to pick up the 32nd 7810 with twin tires, I was informed that the 32nd 7810 Deere's were selling extremely fast and in demand. I asked to be put on the list for the 7810 Deere with singles, that should be in Canada next month. I was not expecting the 7810 with twin tires to come first, but glad it did, so that I could finally put my eyes on a 32nd 7810 by Schuco. 

My rating of the 32nd 7810 with twin tires by Schuco 

Accuracy and Detail of the model:  8 out of 10  

Price point of  the model: 8 out of 10.  For the asking $$, you are getting a very nicely detailed tractor!

Build Quality:  8 out 10.  Being used to( or forced to buying 32nd ERTL/Britain's  Deere stuff) the quality control on the 7810's with twin tires is a heck of a nice improvement over Britain's. 

Recommend buying: YES    

I know a bunch of members on here, already have the 32nd 7810 Deere with singles, but I have to personally recommend this model anyhow, especially if your a Deere fan, or have spent time running the real Deere 7810. I personally, have driven a few REAL Deere 7810 tractors, and seeing the Schuco model, made me think I was looking at a miniature realistic clone of the real deal. Great model. In a month or so, my 7810 with duals should be joined by the 7810 with singles. I can't wait to see what else they use the tooling for. I am hoping they offer the 7710 Deere down the road, maybe the 7610? Although, I am not sure if the 7610 was available in Europe as well, or just North America. Anyhow I might have to see about making a North American version of the 7810.   

Nice review Jason, thanks for posting it up. I have the single wheel 7810 and it is a top model. If you can, post some pictures up of the model to go with your reviews, it may just make peoples mind up if they are thinking about purchasing the model.

• 3 weeks later...

Do the dual wheels come off to leave it with singles?  Just wondering because where I was for harvest we had 3 of these beauties (a 7700, 7800, and 7810).  We only had duals for the rear of the tractor though

Archived