Postage to New Zealand

Barry

Fellow weirdo's

I have a number of items on ebay at the moment. 

I generally offer my items to people all over the world, but to ask me for a postage cost first.

A potential purchaser in New Zealand asked me a the cost of posting a UH tractor to his country.

The parcels are generally just under 1.5kg (model in box, bubble wrap and/or foam peanuts, outer box)

Box is usually 30cm x 25cm x 20cm

I use Parcel to go, buy the insurance (this price can alter depending on the value of the item/final price), and I get a signature.

Anyways, postage for a model tractor to New Zealand is £31.04 (TrakPak). having told him this, he replied with "really, i normally pay £10 to £14!"

Ive looked elsewhere and found the post office to be £24.30 (but normally when you get to the counter it's more!!!)

Can anybody recommend a delivery service for a model tractor to New Zealand?!?

I thought £31 to get a box to the other side of the the planet to be rather a good price!!!

post-797-0-23797700-1398248725_thumb.jpg

if i had a parcel @ 1.5kg i would quote £20.00 ( + extra comp on top £5.00 ) post office , you get £20 comp if no insurance taken , just get a receipt , dont forget ebay now charge 10% of shipping costs as well so £25 shipping charge is £22.50 with ebay taking there 10%. its wrong but what can you do?.

dave

Barry, you might be surprised at the Post Office.

I recently sold some stuff and looked on the website for postage costs to France, it was quite high so to make sure I went to the Post Office and had the parcel weighed and priced properly and it was a lot less than t'internet quoted

if i had a parcel @ 1.5kg i would quote £20.00 ( + extra comp on top £5.00 ) post office , you get £20 comp if no insurance taken , just get a receipt , dont forget ebay now charge 10% of shipping costs as well so £25 shipping charge is £22.50 with ebay taking there 10%. its wrong but what can you do?.

dave

Thanks Dave, I didn't know they charged 10% of the shipping cost, it's becoming expensive to use ebay!

Ol aka lightland is in NZ & hes always buying stuff in  ::)   he  ll have a good idea im sure of what hes paying out :)

I expect he'll have a look at this later when he see's "New Zealand" in the title :)

Barry, you might be surprised at the Post Office.

I recently sold some stuff and looked on the website for postage costs to France, it was quite high so to make sure I went to the Post Office and had the parcel weighed and priced properly and it was a lot less than t'internet quoted

Well, seeing as there is a post office 3 doors down from my work, i guess i could get the model packed up and pop in there for a quote.

Royal Mail prices went up there not that long ago aswell..

I've always thought they were the most expensive!!!

Yer seeing something applicable brought me out of the wood work ::) .31 pound postage seems a lot for 1 tractor. New Zealand Post is all we deal with at this end. At there store they just weigh the package then give you a few prices eg tracked or not. Week or 2 back I sent Blake a model tractor untracked for about 20 pounds.

Last week I got a 8 wheel 7810 and Kuhn front fert tank off Farmmodels.uk and postage was 22 pounds with royal mail class A, 2 weeks late I'm making tractor noises with my model on the table.

Yer seeing something applicable brought me out of the wood work ::) .31 pound postage seems a lot for 1 tractor. New Zealand Post is all we deal with at this end. At there store they just weigh the package then give you a few prices eg tracked or not. Week or 2 back I sent Blake a model tractor untracked for about 20 pounds.

Last week I got a 8 wheel 7810 and Kuhn front fert tank off Farmmodels.uk and postage was 22 pounds with royal mail class A, 2 weeks late I'm making tractor noises with my model on the table.

I think quite a few of us still do this but unlike you Ol won't admit to it  ;D

Archived