Rotary Club of Peterhead - Charity ploughing match at Longside - Saturday 18th October 2014

BC

On Saturday I spent a few hours at the Rotary Club of Peterhead's charity ploughing match which was held at Auchlee Farm at Longside. It was rather wet and dubby around the entrances to field but it turned out to be a nice dry and sunny day with a drying wind. 

IMG_5341_zpsc735ef18.jpg

IMG_5342_zpsd5bcc672.jpg

IMG_5343_zps509a0f47.jpg

IMG_5344_zpsf3f67794.jpg

IMG_5345_zpsb7358e1a.jpg

IMG_5346_zpsf73144a7.jpg

I'm glad you liked them Mark....I certainly enjoyed the event. I would say there was a fairly wide variation in the standard of ploughing at this event and I think this is because it is a charity one and although there was judging there are no points allocated towards the Grampian Supermatch which is a match held at the end of the season for all the top ploughmen taking part in various matches in the Grampian area. Having said that quite a lot of the competitors will be attending the Scottish Ploughing Championships at Kinross this coming weekend so it will have been a fine practice run for them ;D  ;D

Archived