Ebay Global shipping program

greenline

Hi,

This is what I wanted to be my first post to the board to be. I was planning for it to be about the farm I am building. It is a farm that would have been according to my Dad and Grandmother had my grandfather not passed when he did.

It seems that the ebay global shipping program has increased costs by almost 50%. For example a lot of 5 pigs use to be between £8-9..now its £14-15. I understand it comes with tracking but its never been a big concern of mine. I had the US postal system lose more tracked packages. Ive never had a package from the UK go missing. Has the Royal Mail costs increased that much or is it all ebay?

Ebay has increased its fees by now charging sellers a percentage on their quoted post and packing charge for an item, this is mainly due to sellers attempting to offset the end selling price fee by hiking their P&P charge to compensate for the end fee which, as you probably notice, is why a lot of starting prices are higher and the P&P is quoted as 'free'.

As a buyer it won't affect anything that much but as a seller it could cost you almost a quarter of the total, and don't forget that PayPal take their cut as well, if eBay keep hiking their fees they're going to kill it, it's all beginning to get a little greedy!

Archived