Dutch barn and workshop

Tectorr

Best bet might be try online for sizes of real barns you like the look of and rescale the dimensions to suit your 1:32 layout. I find it's best to decide what your putting in the shed then working from there.

Dutch barns vary hugely, really depends on what the farmer wants , we for instance had 3 different sized ones over the 3 farms, and the bigger farm had 2 again both different sizes, built to fit the space we had and how much straw we wanted to store ,we didn't stroe machinery in most of them except at my grandads farm, as there it was the main barn the rest were pig units

Hi Tectorr. The old traditional curved top Dutch Barns always had 15' bays, so at 1:32 each bay should be 6'' wide. They were usually 4 bays long although they varied in length depending on use. The width of the buildings were usually about 30' so I would plan on a width of 1' at 1:32. As for eaves height, most Dutch barns were 14' or 16' at eaves height so I suggest 6'' at 1:32 scale. Any help?

Archived