David Brown 990 vintage tractor scale model

Metsaman

• 5 weeks later...

What a fantastic model. It's so well detailed that you would expect to find the instruction book and PTO cover in the toolbox.

Do they make a red and yellow 990 Implematic?  That was the one that stole my heart as a thirteen year old. It was the first new tractor I ever drove. (Less than 50 hours on the clock). That was followed by a Ford 4000 Major. 1965!! We did have a new D reg 1966 David Brown 880 in chocolate and white when they first came out, but we thought the colour was at the time a little too trendy for a tractor. How times have changed!

This Selectamatic 990 is a very detailed and (almost) exact replica of the real thing, the only obvious thing that UH got wrong on this one is that it has the wrong rear wheel centres. The red Implematic 990 that accompanied the white 990 is very accurate and both models are the best D.B models yet produced in this scale. There is another accompanying model, an Oliver 600, which was a red Implematic produced by David Brown for Oliver in the USA, again a very accurate model. UH also produced the Implematic 990 in 1:43 scale and some years ago a Cropmaster VAK1C, the former released in the 'Country' box and with the 'Tractors And World Of Farming' magazine and the latter only with the former 'Hachette' magazine, I don't really understand why they have not as yet produced any of these models in 1:32 scale as they have been very popular.

Archived