Used Tractor tyres

piper28

Your local tyre supplier will be able to tell you, you're not allowed to burn or bury them anymore and you have to pay to dispose of them unless you know anyone that will take them off your hands to put on their pit silage sheet later on.

I think that would send the wrong message and would make the Countryside folk as bad as the fly tippers, bad idea.  What you want to do with them is offer them to an allotment society, people fill them with soil and use them as raised beds. This is what I use for a planter, cut the bead off one side of the tyre, put back on an old steel wheel rim and turned up, my local tyre fitter made up dozens of them and sold them to customers, I only had the one just to see how long it would last, been there for 13 years now.

post-806-0-02708600-1429466365_thumb.jpg

Had a lot of fly tipping problems recently.  Dumping stuff in front of field gates, took six calls to council to get it moved.  They even burst open a padlocked gate on a site just so they could dump their rubbish  Aaaaahhh!

Sign of the times unfortunately, Councils are far too greedy charging people to dispose of their waste and trades loosing work because they have to absorb these costs in the jobs they take on as the customers won't pay the extra on their bill, a local recycling centre near to me is always pretty empty but despite this they have now banned people taking their waste to the centre from the neighbouring town even though both the centre and the town are in the same Council district. Madness!

Archived