Manor farm contracting

Manor farm contracting is finally back and after a manic few years of moving houses etc I'm.now settled and have a new layout set up but not complete by any means. So over the next day or 2 I will fill you in with everything about manor farm contracting and put up pictures too. It's nice to be back on here. 

Hope you all enjoy do leave feedback 

From stew 

Manor farm contracting run by me based in Somerset on a 2000 acre site not only are we an arable and soon to be beef farm but we carry out alot of contracting work too. Backed up by 6 full time staff 1 workshop staff and 2 office ladies we also have a back up of 6 self employed staff for when the going gets tough some of which have own tractors when we need them. 

So what's new then 

We used to run 1400 acres and 9 full time farm staff but now due to improvements in tractors and machinery we now run 2000 acres and 6 farm staff plus Me. 

Who are we

So it's me stew manager owner whatever you want to call me I drive fendt 724 new last year

KERRY head tractor driver been here for years drives our fendt 939 black beauty 

Alan AKA my dad second in command drives fendt 828

Shane been with us few years drives John deere 7430 

Zac been with us few years too drives a new John deere 7310r 

And finally Jamie who came on late last year drives a 4 month old valtra T174 white one with a loader Jamie will be in charge of our beef unit once we finish building work and cows arrive. Jamie also drives our brand new Kubota M7-171 which replaced our old mf7499 due to wanting a smaller tractor for yard duties. 

So what else is new. 

Apart from new tractors we have done a deal and brought 4 brand new rolland rollspeed 6835 trailers can be used for silage and grain these replaced some Bailey silage trailers which kept costing us money. Another recent update saw our old jcb434 leave and and new 419s come in for the season ahead. We have a cat telehandler now for beef unit and some other jobs around the farm. We purchased a cat skid steer on tracks and a new used jcb86-c1 midi excavator for contracting work. We changed out our krone big pack for a nearly new claas quadrant 3300 baler also we purchased a claas twin rotor rake for the smaller jobs as we still run 4 rotor rake for the forager. And finally after around 5 years maybe 6 we have done a deal for a new claas 860 forager complete with grass maize and wholecrop headers outing our old 960 forager which started letting us down let's hope the new forager goes as well. As timegoes on you will get to see what we do and what kit we run hope we keep you all entertained. Watch this space for 1 or 2 more machinery deals to happen very shortly. 

20190329_110618.jpg

Well it's been busy on the contracting side with last of the drilling now done just some fertilizing left to complete this last week the boys have had the rolland trailers outand serviced ready the mowers are on and set up ready to go. And our old 960 forager left the yard Thursday and our new 860 arrived same day ready to go even had our flashing beacon bar Michelin men and air horns changed over saving us a job. With the weather looking better this coming week we hope to get outstanding jobs up together and hoping to even get our silage clamp finished ready to fill. You may notice a case optum 300 in the line up which is on demo for few days  from local dealership GCS agricentre this tractor is one that I've wanted to try out personally as our black 939 fendt is now over 3000 hours so I am keen to change it out and I'm not shy to mix the fleet up as some of you know. Good reports have come back on the optum so let's see how it goes and what the lads make of it. Another sad bit of news our head driver who's been us many years is sadly retiring in few weeks time so my dad has decided to step up to the job which means I have a vacancy for a driver which means interviews will happen asap and hope we find a suitable candidate to join our team. 

20190407_203946.jpg

Archived