Castle Howard Steam Fair 2019

GPS

Thanks for sharing Gavin, good photo's :) Looks as though you had better weather over there than we had over here at Chipping, i know a couple of the tractor pulling lads that were there and from what i gather there had been a few mechanical failures on the track 

Thanks for the comments......photos are nothing special, certainly not my skill, just a compact camera set on auto!

Paul, yes the weather was pretty grim here, just north of Leeds, but improved the further East we went. Afternoon was pretty warm and dry, just a strong wind causing a few problems with some of the stallholders. Yes, looked like a few had mechanical problems.... the 8210 in particular, I didn't see actually pull the sled. Got everything spooled up, as in the photo, ready to go and than just died, tried it several times while I was watching.

Not actually been to Castle Howard before (not sure why). Entry to the fair also gave you grounds entry to the house. Took a walk around, pretty impressive. Wife tells me it was the setting for Brideshead (not that I ever watched it!)

P1050222.JPG

Archived