Weathered 2500 gallon mixtec tanker

Grand job on the weathering Sam, it looks just right, nice touch with the clump of sod on the mudguard and the dripping slurry from the splash plate. Did you do the conversion work on the tanker? Those artisan wheels always make such a difference over the original ones. 

11 hours ago, mb86 said:

Grand job on the weathering Sam, it looks just right, nice touch with the clump of sod on the mudguard and the dripping slurry from the splash plate. Did you do the conversion work on the tanker? Those artisan wheels always make such a difference over the original ones. 

Cheers Martin, I think Ive done that much tanking I already had it in my head how I wanted the spreader to look once weathered! I'm glad you picked up on them areas as to me that's what creates the realism. 

I didn't do the conversion mate I bought it 50 quid, wasnt too bad but it needed some TLC I made the splash plate and cut out some wheel centres for it as they'd just been drilled right through. It was a shame as they are them nice artisan wheels as you say. So I managed to save them. But the main work is to a good standard I think it's just been knocked about with its previous owner.  

The 7810 is one of my favourites it's got that oem plus look. Which isnt like a young farmer got his dads 6 pot Ford and caked it with CB whips, beacons and grassmen decals ha ha!. 

Archived