EX 120 digger

Taking dirt from last years bulb harvest out to a paddock the day before this years harvest  ::)

Once you have a few loads tipped out in the paddock you just give them a smooth out with the front end loader the paddock is then sown in grass to recover. :)

So you get a pretty fine seedbed out of this soil then I take it? Does it bring any enrichment to the ground at the same time? I mean do you do this to the worst growing paddocks to give them a bit of a kick?

Taking dirt from last years bulb harvest out to a paddock the day before this years harvest  ::)

You'd probably require a waste disposal licence in the UK for that nowadays  ;D

So you get a pretty fine seedbed out of this soil then I take it? Does it bring any enrichment to the ground at the same time? I mean do you do this to the worst growing paddocks to give them a bit of a kick?

Yes mate your right you do get a very fine seed bed having spread that on top.

Like you said the soil often ends up going on the lighter parts of a paddock to even the soil type out,the bulbs get loads of fert so yes the ground has more punch.The bulbs are often feed a very strong mix of "nitrophoska" 3 times while they are in the ground at a rate of about 300kg/ha each time.

Yes mate your right you do get a very fine seed bed having spread that on top.

Like you said the soil often ends up going on the lighter parts of a paddock to even the soil type out,the bulbs get loads of fert so yes the ground has more punch.The bulbs are often feed a very strong mix of "nitrophoska" 3 times while they are in the ground at a rate of about 300kg/ha each time.

What happens to the grass, grazing? Hay? Silage? All of it? Must be a lush crop of grass with soild like that and all the traces left from the bulbs and fertiliser.