Some Pics from work

civilpek

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may get to see some more so when i get down there in a couple weeks  ::)

and heres a couple i took last week when mowing some ground of clover, after letting it down for a couple days as it was pretty soft we baled and wrapped it and then washed and blew out the baler and parked it in the shed till next september or october

post-24-132638591047_thumb.jpg

post-24-132638591051_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

aw weel unfortuntaly my time in nz is finished. flying out tonight at 12. it must be one of the best and most friendly places ever though i think its fair to say. might take a couple days off when i get home to relax cos the travelling around over the llast few weeks was tiring to say the least but brilliant. next pictures here will prob be ones of work at home or something not even sure what ill be doing yet when i get back

thanks lads.

not sure what ill be doing next tris i have the next few months to be thinking about it i soppouse.

hey punk you probably wont be able to open some of the earlier ones cos they get deleted after a few months to stop the forum getting clogged up. you should be able to open the later ones though?

• 2 months later...

havent really much pictures taken in the last few weeks but its being a pretty busy season and not without incident. we had a same rubin hired in and after 6 hours on the job it went up in flames  :P it was crap anyway then it got replaced by a same titan which is worse. one of the 6920s's was in a car accident where the car got wrote off thankfully no one was hurt and the tractor was only damaged slightly. A camper van hit the mirror on my 6810 and broke it off and we had two tractors and bale trailers jackknife in high ground that was very wet with all the rain but luckily again theres wasnt much damage done in either incident. Weve picked up quite a few extra pit jobs cos of another contractor selling up and our bailing side of things is going very good with about 5000 extra bales been done already this year compared to all of last year. ive been doing a fair bit of mowing this year and some work on the loading shovel ive got some pictures on my phone that ill throw up when ive time, ive also got the dirt bike thats some crack except ive fallen off it twice already in acrobatic style!!  ;D. also it looks like im heading to the US in April to go on the harvest there just have to sign the form now and ill know for sure then if im going or not but id say i will just for a change

o ya the contractor near me running the mf 8270 wrote off a butterfly mower when he was traveling along the road and hit a low branch overhanging the road,  ::) dont know where the branch came from cos he had been over and back the same stretch of road without incident all summer. anyway it completly destroyed the casting breaking it right off its mounts.

hey tris, not 100% sure with who yet but John thinks Fredericks would be a good option for me they seem to be running a top job outfit so if i do get to go with them it would be nice. Only problem now is ive kinda got a girl on the scene now too so i guess il just have to wait and see what happens in hte next couple weeks

Alan that L90E on ag tyres looks MEGA mate :P :P

ya she does look nice doesnt she, the normal tyres are up in the yard from the day she arrived but i dont think they will ever be put on her.

thats sum outfit your drivin for alan,wats the deere ure steerin?

thats one of the 6920s's but i drive the 6810 most of the time, the 20's are nice but id rather the 10 any day nicer feel and handling to it i think anyway

that fleet looks very impressive!!!

I bet that big M doesn't be long going through a 10 acre field!!!

Have you got a chance to drive her yet?

na doesnt take long at all, especially after the head lands are taken off, we used to run two jd 1365 mowers with groupers infront of the harvester, but it was way slower in comparrison to just the one machine now. we still use the trailed mowers for the baler though, one was sold so theres two left now, one operates around the tralee area the other around dingle.  :( unfortuntaly i havent got a chance to drive her yet but hopefully some day ill get a go  ::)

brian horner round by us in north down bought 2 7530 deeres for drawin wit 14ton herrons,there shudnt be any bother wit pullin power there  :P,i c youse were gropin wit the big m in front of the jag,our men are at that the year but only cos its a bad year weather wise

no we do that all the time, before i joined this crew he did try running a rake for a year but in the end it was only brought out for a few jobs and sold on the next year, there isnt really any contractor around here tedding in fact i dont no any in Kerry who do it, probably mainly to do with the weather, well in our case anyway its to do with the weather all our work is not far from the sea so weather is constantly changing with the tides and stuff so its usually not worth leaving it out, half the time the crop is mown only a couple hours in front of the harvester at the most a day before the harvester comes in

hey tris, not 100% sure with who yet but John thinks Fredericks would be a good option for me they seem to be running a top job outfit so if i do get to go with them it would be nice. Only problem now is ive kinda got a girl on the scene now too so i guess il just have to wait and see what happens in hte next couple weeks

Do you know they have got a website Alan? www.frederickharvesting.com I think. I was in the same position as you the first time I organised my New Zealand trip, lost the girl and the trip - was gutted at the time. Choose wisely mate, it's a toughey.

As Paul said, the L90 looks the absolute king up there aloft that grass mate, what a weapon!!! Some nice photo's, keep'em coming sonny jim!!  :)