Some Pics from work

civilpek

have been flat out with almost two weeks now 16-17 hour days and its starting to catch up, finished early tonight 9pm!!  :P so have finally a chance to post up some pics from my travels ill keep adding adding to this thred as the summer goes on. there will be ones mainly of bales and pit silage with some other stuff thrown in later on.

ill try and answer any comments after ive posted them up

anyway first view are just some scenery shots of my beach as i try to walk my dogs before work most days, these were taken at about 5.30am

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these next few are taken as i headed up a mountain pass that seperates tralee and dingle towns where we work around. the there is a weight limit of 2tonne  ::) and in some places its very very very narrow but they did major road works on this road last winter so its not so bad now, although there is a sheer drop to one side and a sheer rock face to the other side. this route saves us about an hour and a half if we were to go around the proper way.

Would you stop posting pic's so I can say...cor look at that veiw,handy camera work  :)  ;)

thanks  ::);) ya it is a beautiful view alrite we are lucky to live around it  :) as for the camera work thanks, i just bring it with me most days never know when ill get a nice picture, most edit some of them though before i get them developed so as to get rid of mirrors and stuff. was just looking through some ive taken last week and unfortuntaly there was some very good scenes where the picture didnt come out properly its a bit disapointing.

i couldnt say really how fast the big m goes on average as its usually working a day to a day and a half ahead of the harvester, the only time i saw it was the first day out and the driver was only getting used to it then so was a bit slow. but to give you an idea on one farm one section of silage ground was divided into 4.5acre paddocks and it was taking him 15mins to mow them out............ that was on his first day when he didnt fully know how to work it, when i was last talking to my boss about him a week ago he said hes flying now so my guess is under 10mins for approx 4.5acres