18 hours ago, New Hollander said:

At the fair in Hardenberg I bought a New Holland 8560 with a broken front axle carrier. I had a remodelling plan for that, so then you are left with a cab. With a  chassis of a Ford 5640 from Pieter Dijkstra, it can be turned into a complete tractor again. Given the fenders of the cab, it must be one of the last 40-series from New Holland that were built from '96 to '98. Chassis painted, final drives made thinner, bonnet sprayed and fitted with air intake and new stickers from Farmmodels, 40-series dashboard put in, mirror repaired and work lights removed from the cab handles, bottom piece of the windshield taped and the bottom black edge removed, different windshield wiper and like a real livestock tractor, the rear window open.

I was a bit hesitant about the number of steps. I always thought that these types had 3 steps, but I found pictures on the internet with only 2. I think it has to do with the version, because I also saw that this one also lacks a 2nd fuel tank under the cab.

Bit disappointing is that the blue of the hood is not quite right. I had previously ordered this from Farmmodels as Ford blue. Ford and New Holland have used several shades of blue over the years. The Ford blue aerosol I had was more the New Holland color from '96 to around 2000. The aerosol had run out on another project so I ordered a new one. Unfortunately, this color differs from the previous one. Checked the numbers on the spraycans again, and they were the same.... This color is not really New Holland blue. The paint quality of the real ones was not too good at that time. The bonnets have often been repainted. Next time a spray can from the New Holland dealer.

Turned out a nice tractor. It's already standing in front of the feeder on the shelf.

20230531_195235[1].jpg

20230531_195318[1].jpg

20230531_195454[1].jpg

20230531_195405[1].jpg

706474-5640-new-holland.jpg

5640lh.jpg

Millenium blue superceded Ford Tractor blue about 24 years ago. I have little tins if interested but no aerosols, so ask for "MILLENIUM" blue, maybe (?), it's lighter.