I'm Back! Is anybody still here who might remember me?

bigbear

Hi! I was quite active on here a few years ago, but after lockdown, I've been spending all of my time trying to rebuild my business. Now I've decided to retire and thought I'd see what is going on around here. Since I was last here, Mrs Bigbear has had loads of joints replaced in her body - 2 hips, 2 knees, two vertebrae - plus a lot of other straightening and unbunging operations, so she's now at least got scrap value! She is currently nursing a broken ankle, after taking up pilates... I fell out of the loft a while back and broke a load of ribs and messed up my legs, etc., but am largely back to what passes for normal. Otherwise, just the years are rolling past far too fast for my liking!

As a result of all this excitement, the work on restoring our 1941 Allis B has stalled completely, although carpet farming has gone on apace. As Britains aren't producing many models of interest to me these days, I've been buying some of their older, pre-millenium toys and thoroughly enjoying myself!

After a lot of nagging from the family, I've been streamlining my other hobbies too, but still collect dinosaurs, Doctor Who toys, steam engines and anything to do with the original GWR. The kids still despair of me and my collecting!

That's about it! What's occurring?

John P (bigbear)

• Like 7

• 9 months later...

I am a returning member too John I thought Facebook took over but thought I would pop back and have a brief look.See if anyone is still here.

I recently started to reduce my large collection selling mainly Universal Hobbies I have sold about 800 so far still got around 2000 models left. But not so bothered about selling to many more.

I started on the forum when it first started under the name of Kentman.

I hope everyone is well on here Mike R

• Like 1