Brian norman county 1884 on floatation tyres

jmd

Question

Picked this up at spalding last weekend off cen Davis and the single wheel version at the april show off him, he'd bought a collection off a collector who had sadly passed and his widow contacted cen to sell the collection. My question is, does anyone have a floatation tyred version, mine has a super q cab is this correct?whereas my single wheel and duel rear wheel version have q cabs. Now in april cen had a duel wheel version and the single wheel version on his stall and I said they were Brian's models and he wasn't sure and said he'd shown brian and brian wasn't sure either so I said they are numbered under the floor pan so I said I'd buy the single wheel one and check the number there and then and sure enough it was numbered 44 but while I was doing this somone bought the duel wheel version so didn't check that. Now this is when cen said he'd one on floatation tyres at home so knowing brian made one and are very rare I said I'd have it. Brian made these in 1988/89 altering a britains TW20 making the duel wheel version first making 67 overall then the single wheel version making 45 and then lastly the floatation one only doing 15 because britains released there own 1884 in 1989, so wondering if mine could be one of the last matching the britains one with a super q cab or did they all? doesn't seem to be numbered either like my others 20241013_161931.thumb.jpg.005e388acad03b9bf40983e4797146ce.jpg

the three together 

20241013_163750.thumb.jpg.61c591d03e9e6b72350be517269a335e.jpg

20241013_163757.thumb.jpg.58b1952c8c9a9029098d7875fb78a209.jpg

• Like 3

5 answers to this question

Have you tried phoning him up?  

Presumably they are all the same, castings wise, apart from wheel/tyre configuration. Be interesting to know where those chunky tyres came from.

I have the dual wheeled version, direct from the manufacturers. Be careful of the wheel centres as they can/do fall out

13 minutes ago, super6 said:

Presumably they are all the same, castings wise, apart from wheel/tyre configuration. Be interesting to know where those chunky tyres came from.

I have the dual wheeled version, direct from the manufacturers. Be careful of the wheel centres as they can/do fall out

No not yet paul, but cen said he'd shown them brian and brian didn't think they were his models which I thought was a bit strange I suppose he's getting on a bit. Yes i might ring him and ask if he can remember what the wheels were off they are very soft. I have seen a picture in the past  of the floatation one but can't remember where probably a magazine. Yes I got my duel wheel version of brian and I picked another up a a toy fair quite cheap so I've number 32 and 64 I think out of 67 made. Yes your right the wheel centres do fall out 

36 minutes ago, super6 said:

Yes they are all the same casting wise. Have you ever looked what number yours is paul it should have a D before the number for duel

On 10/13/2024 at 7:50 PM, jmd said:

Yes they are all the same casting wise. Have you ever looked what number yours is paul it should have a D before the number for duel

I will check that one out, but don't hold your breath!

• Like 1