They Don't Come Bigger Than This One!!

Phil P

Turriff Show today and Monday, got some great pics this year, mainly of  the vinatge tractor rally which will follow. However star of the show was this beast which prompted my friends to go "oh my God!" in near harmony..

is.php?i=29514&img=Lesxion600-2.jp.jpg

is.php?i=29515&img=Lexion_600-3.jp.jpg

is.php?i=29516&img=Lexion_600-4.jp.jpg

good pics phil, "oh my god" is exactly what me and the gf thought when we saw the 600 at the show yesterday. have to hope that someone demo's it now to see the beast in action. :P

To think my early memories of Turriff Show are climbing in the cabs of the NH8080s, JD 1075s and Dominators, with 14ft headers- how times change. :o

What I found a tad funny though was BA were there with their usual tent and had every farm toy on sale except for the Lexion 600. What a missed opportunity that was. ::)

They had a tyred version at fingal, what a beast!

Amazingly the only combine on display was the 600. Its as if the other dealers have given up, i'd say 3/4 new combines round here in the past few years have been 500 series Lexions.

There was a JD and a NH at Lusk but the lexion was drawing a lot of admirers. I was at a Claas dealer up the A1 a few weeks ago and there were at least a dozen 480's out the back awaiting delivery!

Best to get harvest out of the road asap,then there's more time for playing "the fendt goes ploughing" or "the fergie goes drilling"

Absolutely, its not at all uncommon to get snow round these parts in November, I've seen heavy snow at sea level as early as October 2nd. A lot of farms round here like everything drilled by the end of September if possible to give the crop all of October to establish itself.

The other consideration of course is the tattie harvest, which also needs to be completed as early as possible as a wet September followed by early October frost can ruin the crop.