Lamborghini

BGU

its a straw chopper (not topper) isnt it?? ???, used when combines done have them built in ???

I assume Mart he goes down the rows just chopping the straw up for easier ploughing???

of course i could be totally wrong which sometimes is the case :D :D :D :D ::)

I bet his plan was to bale it, but it's probably been rained on that much that it's turned to crap hence why he's chopping it now :-\ :-\ :-\

First time I have seen something like the before, most folk round here just go in with a SP or trailed forage harvester ;) ;)

Around here even if the combine is fitted with a straw chopper the tractor goes into the OSR with a topper and cuts down the stalks left as the OSR stalks are so much taller than the left-over stalks from wheat......Saw a Case MXM155 and McConnel doing this a few weeks ago...... :);) ;)

Ah, they disc the stubble around here.

We do both around here people who are going to plough it in go over with a set of discs as doesnt need to be as much cut up etc just disturbed. But min-till people top it so that it will all mix in alot easier as its finer and shorter top. But this is only a general view there are some that are different but that is how my boss and a fair few others do it ;)

Around here even if the combine is fitted with a straw chopper the tractor goes into the OSR with a topper and cuts down the stalks left as the OSR stalks are so much taller than the left-over stalks from wheat......Saw a Case MXM155 and McConnel doing this a few weeks ago...... :);) ;)

Same here Mart, they go in with pasture toppers or straw choppers to get rid of the rape stalks. The discs are forever blocking up if you get anything other than bone dry stalks, I have found ::);) ;)

• 2 weeks later...