Massey Ferguson 3070?

NewHolland2

i wouldnt touch one of them things with a barge pole

i looked at buying a 3065 a few years back had it on demo first for a bit before i bought it 2 days into having it it kept blowing a fuse and going from top gear down to low  

got mf dealer to come take a look computer under the floor mat was all fooked up

ended up towing it back to dealers but on its way  diff bearing went  n locked up so one back wheel was going forward and one was going backwards so left it on the side of the road and they had to sent a wagon for it

bought a ford 7610 bubble cab instead

Martin, don't touch it :o  A mate went the other week to look at it as he wanted it to replace his ageing Lamborghini 754. He said the engine didn't sound too good at all similar to a bag of spanners and got progressively worse as he neared 30k :-\ Engine oil also looked a tad creamy so to speak maybe leaking water into it from somewhere :-\ He wasn't impressed and quickly moved on :D The JD 3350 is nice a nice tractor, we had a look at it the other day and is in pretty good nick, but at ?8,750 it might be a bit out of your price range  ???:-\ :-\

wouldn't touch it mart , the 60/70 wernt all that with it i'm afraid , the 3065's were better & much improved but too small for what you want really , but they do have this

http://pykett-tractors.co.uk/picts/pro_b_1_396.jpg

would be a better proposition for what you want in terms of useability for contract work , hours are on the high side , but it looks well looked after , all things considered .

it doesn't really matter what make you buy when yer on a budget, anything could go wrong with tractors that old . an MF 3125 ,ford 8210 ,case ih 956,jd 3050/3350 are the tractors i'd look out for if i were to start up again 

i wouldnt touch one of them things with a barge pole

i looked at buying a 3065 a few years back had it on demo first for a bit before i bought it 2 days into having it it kept blowing a fuse and going from top gear down to low  

got mf dealer to come take a look computer under the floor mat was all fooked up

ended up towing it back to dealers but on its way  diff bearing went  n locked up so one back wheel was going forward and one was going backwards so left it on the side of the road and they had to sent a wagon for it

bought a ford 7610 bubble cab instead

Martin, don't touch it :o  A mate went the other week to look at it as he wanted it to replace his ageing Lamborghini 754. He said the engine didn't sound too good at all similar to a bag of spanners and got progressively worse as he neared 30k :-\ Engine oil also looked a tad creamy so to speak maybe leaking water into it from somewhere :-\ He wasn't impressed and quickly moved on :D The JD 3350 is nice a nice tractor, we had a look at it the other day and is in pretty good nick, but at ?8,750 it might be a bit out of your price range  ???:-\ :-\

Ouch......Sounds like a no no then...... :-\

Aye the John Deere is a wee bitty out my range unfortunately Nath...... :'(

How far you willing to travel Mart? My mate has a 3080 Autotronic, a 3090 (maybe another 3080 actually???) and 2850 sg2 with Quicke brackets in his yard.

Just away to PM you mate...... :)

wouldn't touch it mart , the 60/70 wernt all that with it i'm afraid , the 3065's were better & much improved but too small for what you want really , but they do have this

http://pykett-tractors.co.uk/picts/pro_b_1_396.jpg

would be a better proposition for what you want in terms of useability for contract work , hours are on the high side , but it looks well looked after , all things considered .

it doesn't really matter what make you buy when yer on a budget, anything could go wrong with tractors that old . an MF 3125 ,ford 8210 ,case ih 956,jd 3050/3350 are the tractors i'd look out for if i were to start up again 

Cheers Marcus......I had spotted that but after a conversation with a member on the board  ;) I was a wee bitty put off by the hours......She does look to be a well looked after tractor so maybe the hours would be slightly more irrelevant in this situation...... ???;)

if it's a local tractor to the dealer mart you may be lucky enough to get hold of the last owner , but to see a tractor that age in that condition gives a good idea as to how it's been looked after , is it an ex-contractors machine you reckon ?

i still reckon that 3630 would have been worth a closer look at ;)

if it's a local tractor to the dealer mart you may be lucky enough to get hold of the last owner , but to see a tractor that age in that condition gives a good idea as to how it's been looked after , is it an ex-contractors machine you reckon ?

i still reckon that 3630 would have been worth a closer look at ;)

I did e-mail the folk about the 3630 but by the time I'd got in touch it was gone...... :'(

It does look like a nice well looked after tractor so I may well do a bit of enquiring...... :);)

must admit mart this doesn't look too bad , worth asking

MASSEY FERGUSON 3090 Autotronic  Item Code: W2946

4WD tractor c/w AC cab, pickup drawbar, 3 d/a spools, 16.9 R38 rear tyres @90% good, 13.6 R28 front tyres @ 30% good, Recent new PTO clutch pack & recon cyl head.

Good condition 

Tom 01284 788177 ?5500.00 

A problem you could run into mart is sure ok you spend your limit on a tractor but if some time on from then the jolly thing needs a big job doing on it it may be an ask to find the money to get that job done if your only doing odds en sods with it while still at school.

What ever you do I wish you all the best. :)