Those hazy days of summer, part 1...

Phil P

Been sitting on these for a while, mainly because I couldn't be a***d sorting through them.

The best of the ones I didn't post during mu summer travel. ;)

is.php?i=32709&img=NH1.jpg

A quality local build trailer...  ;D

is.php?i=32710&img=NH2.jpg

The more observant will have spotted this was my old avatar...

is.php?i=32711&img=NH3.jpg

is.php?i=32712&img=NH4.jpg

more...

is.php?i=32717&img=NH9.jpg

is.php?i=32718&img=NH10.jpg

is.php?i=32719&img=NH11.jpg

is.php?i=32720&img=NH12.jpg

I'm sure Big A will recognise these guys, they were very kind and offered my a ride on the combine alas the boss turned up an rained on the parade, probably for the best I was smoaring with the cold at the time and all that dust wasn't helping much.

The things I endure for a good photo op. ;D

sure do phil ;) did alot of tubelinning for these guys over the summer, a good mate of mine used to drive that 140 but hes now left to go to an oil related job.

Am i right in thinking those pics were taken at the lay by just outside Newmachar? :)

sure do phil ;) did alot of tubelinning for these guys over the summer, a good mate of mine used to drive that 140 but hes now left to go to an oil related job.

Am i right in thinking those pics were taken at the lay by just outside Newmachar? :)

That would indeed be the very same layby. ;D

Do you how much acreage these guys farm? They seem to farm just about everything between Newmachar and Danestone, with exception of the stuff Middleton looks after.

That would indeed be the very same layby. ;D

Do you how much acreage these guys farm? They seem to farm just about everything between Newmachar and Danestone, with exception of the stuff Middleton looks after.

they have more acres than you think, they have 2 or 3 farms at kinmuck and 1 at blackburn and theres always rumors of more. they probably would have at least 3000 acres, they also rent alot of grass during the summer and a few cattle courts during the winter. we used to rent them half of our cattle court it was always good going to their main farm for feed as there was nearly always something new to look at. :D

• 5 weeks later...

the farm that runs that 140 used to work a kuhn Accord one pass with front hopper, now they do the sowing with a vaderstad rapid drill, so now all i see them use the front lifts for is a stone fork when ploughing and rolling and for picking up the front weights.