To prevent going OT in the norscot 590 thread....

ihatepoundland

Not sure to be honest IHP but I think it would varie between crops, as some may have higher moisture content etc than others which means they would weigh more. To try an get an approx figure, I know 1 litre of water weighs nearly 1kg so for a guess 1 litre of wheat would weigh 800g ???:-\ So I don't think 1 Marston would be able to handle all 12,500 litres, or if it did it would be very tight.

Only a super Marston would be able to handle that ;) ;) :D :D

I'm ahead of the times that's all, not my fault the combines can't keep up with the trailers ;) ;) :D :D

If rumours about the output on the Lexion 600 are true and of Claas and MFs prototype machines it will soon be trailers too small for the Combines. ;):)

As for the question posed not sure exactly but I think it would be roughly 9-10 tonnes as FP  stated. You would get 1 tank in a Marston trailer, if you unload on the go it would be almost exactly 12 tonnes by the time you had finished.

Guest Fendt pwr

Do farmers that own them big combines go out and buy grain carts to help keep the combine runing?.

I have only ever seen 1 grain cart in nz ever and that was a few weeks back at the local fendt/claas dealers yard site,maybe they take off here I don't know.

Well if 10,000 litres in the old lexion 480/580 can hold 8-8.5 tonnes and in i think in last weeks fw or profi it sed it was 10 tons of wheat in a single tank that is why the terra tracs come standard and tyres an option

Imagine this then...........

In the scale of things that combine pictured above could harvest 3.125 tonnes in an hour, roughly speaking (and it is a wild guess!) that is about 150 times the volume of the box it is in!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fortunately for those of you who have just fallen off your stool in shock, I forgot to scale down the grain volume when i thought that one up!