Which One For You?

Powerstarâ„¢

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you was running a dairy farm at quite high intensity, which telehandler would you reccomend? At college we're currently running a Manitou 731 LSU, we thought it was pretty good, but when the contractors brought in their Claas Targo K60 for a few days we could see what little work rate the Manitou is producing, what would you reccommend? The same contractor also has a New Holland LM410 - Impressive too.

A farm I went muck spreading on Luke had the Scorpian but I am not sure of the model. It was big to say the least!! 140hp, and boy did that shift. It made our L70 look useless to be honest (a hard thing for me to say, that). The farmer is over the moon with it and the JCB which preceeded it is long forgotten. Sounds like for a farm milking/rearing a lot of cattle in modern purose built sheds then it's the kiddy. 531-70 mind is a hard one to knock on too many levels. Where I am doing the chicken shed work we have a JD 3200 on an 05 reg and to be honest, for a 400 cattle dung pile (contractor spreads the muck) and a couple of thousand tonnes of grain there isn't much which unsticks it. I wuite like the little tool. Pity it's a bit abused though.. .

I've heard the Scorpions are pretty impressive, just curious to see how they compare to the K6O Targo's etc. I know what you mean about abused telehandlers Tris, seems all the dairy orientated ones are treated worse, obviously because you just jump in and out, always leave the top window open etc. Shame really because it really decreases the re-sale value.

At work we have a 53 reg John Deere 3200, very able machine, used in the summer mostly for remote wrapping with a McHale wrapper with its own engine.

for me it would be the latest JCB handlers second chioce would be a merlo :P :P but if i was you i wouldn't buy the likes of the new holland handlers, like the way john deeres did, they will soon stop production, but thats just my opinion :-\

cant tar every one with the same brush  ;) jd stoping doesnt mean nh will stop  :D the old lm's (blue) were the old manitous  ;) not sure about the other ones ,

the farmer next door has had manitous , jcbs and a nh lm and he says jcb is just to get the job done with not much comfert ,nh is driver comfert not very good power and maniotus are a bit of both  :-\ the only reason he doesnt have a maniotu now is because he doesnt get on wit the dealer 

at the min hes got a jcb 535/70 and a nh lm435a but im not sure if hes got the nh any more as a jcb lorry delivered a new jcb there about 2 months ago and i havnt seen the nh  :-\