New purchase?

Guest MF 550

My cousin has decided to add a new tractor to the fleet to take the workload off the new holland tl-a100 and tl-100

He cannot decide between 2 models

JOHN DEERE 5820 ex demo (with air con and extra elec gizmos) these are not standard -?23,000

NEW HOLLAND TL-A 100-?21,500

These are the rock bottom prices that the 2 reps will go after about 2 weeks of multiple visits,haggling ,several cups of tea and dragging there boss along.

The 5820 was out on demo for the weekend hauling a 1300 gallon star slurry tanker i had a bit go and was impressed considering its only supposed to be 86HP but it has been tweaked up a bit

my cousin myself and another lad that helps out are all probing for the JD but his father is a ford /new holland die hard and has been buying tractors off the same dealer for decades its now that bad hes thinking of tossing a coin

Just thought i would ask you guys for your opinion (it might swing the decision)all comments greatly recieved.

Being slightly biased myself but also looking on the practical side I would probably plump for the New Holland......

Reasons being he already knows the model (TL100-A) so will be well aware of what to look for and obviously will know the dealer who will be experienced with the machines he already has so will have no difficulty in getting parts etc and maybe get discount on bits and bobs for being a good customer...... ;) ;) ;)

As Mart said i can't really say as im a John Deere fan and hardly know anything about New Holland but i would go for the 5820.

I see them all the time and there a good little tractor that can do alot of work. I love them because there small, nifty and yet a good worker. I would go for the 5820 but im sure either tractor is going to be great on the farm  ;)

If you do go for a toss i'll lend you my coin with heads on both sides  ;) Make sure the John Deere is heads  :D

Someone near me has a 5720, about 80HP I believe and he loves it, would definately be my choice, the full glass roof really makes a difference to the lighting in the cab and all the controls are really simple it doubles as a nice small loader tractor aswell, all that and 40k, Ask Ol (Fendt Power) he used to drive a 5820 And he used to enjoy driving it.

Got word today theyve opted for the john deere

Main reason-new holand rep came back with ?21500 as final,final price last week since then he has dropped his price 2 times (so much for the final final price)and has now lost out