Carrot Harvesting 2007......

NewHolland2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super kit,would be cool to see that lot all out work in a carrot paddock. 8)

Thanks Ol......It certainly is an impressive set-up...... :)

Because they're always on contract I'm never sure what extra tractor they'll bring as well as the Deutz's so it's always interesting to see what will turn up, hence the New Holland 8360 and McCormick MTX...... :D;) ;)

Very impressive selection of photos from the carrot harvesting sector.  I used to see a lot of similar kit down where I used to live. There are 2 packing plants in Forres Morayshire which handle both organic and conventionally grown carrots. There were some fancy outfits for covering up with straw in the back end. I even saw a Ford FW30 being used to pull tractors and wagons out of wet fields once. In good weather the straw was turned, rowed up and rebaled into hesstons.  That was the easy way to get it off the fields, it was a pain to try and work in 10 acres worth of straw on 1 acre of carrot ground before it could be cropped again. Been there done that bought the T shirt  :(

Very impressive selection of photos from the carrot harvesting sector.  I used to see a lot of similar kit down where I used to live. There are 2 packing plants in Forres Morayshire which handle both organic and conventionally grown carrots. There were some fancy outfits for covering up with straw in the back end. I even saw a Ford FW30 being used to pull tractors and wagons out of wet fields once. In good weather the straw was turned, rowed up and rebaled into hesstons.  That was the easy way to get it off the fields, it was a pain to try and work in 10 acres worth of straw on 1 acre of carrot ground before it could be cropped again. Been there done that bought the T shirt  :(

Thanks mate...... :)

Seeing the big Ford would have been an impressive sight...... :)

Two years ago these lads got one of the Scania bulk tippers stuck in the field fully loaded with carrots and tried to wheel-loaders together to get it out but in the end had to get a local company with a lorry mounted winch to get it out......Meanwhile I got it all on video camera...... :D

Should have heard the JCB Farm Master trying to pull it out...... :o

is it me or dose that nh have lights on the mud gaurds whats the point in that they would only get nocked off her  :-[

When you turn the wheels, the light beam goes in that direction. no turning blind spots.

Well heres a carroty report from me...

Breaking news in the Fruit & Veg world...

UK Carrots have finished down here (and anywhere else in the UK if you want a quality piece).... I am buying Australian (Western) at the moment... 6 weeks on the sea.. and stil as bright as a button  :o :o

Also available is Italian... and French next week (South)...

Just thought I'd share that with you all  :D :D :D :D  :-[

Well heres a carroty report from me...

Breaking news in the Fruit & Veg world...

UK Carrots have finished down here (and anywhere else in the UK if you want a quality piece).... I am buying Australian (Western) at the moment... 6 weeks on the sea.. and stil as bright as a button  :o :o

Also available is Italian... and French next week (South)...

Just thought I'd share that with you all  :D :D :D :D  :-[

Interesting to hear Marky...... :)

There's still a few fileds up here under straw...... :) :) ;)