Farmer Will's Farming Diary '07

FW

Then finally today at about 6 this evening, I took over on the power harrow until 10, getting the field ready for drilling tommorow, and then then the jobs done.  :( :'( :'(

Still tucked-up this morning.... :D

DSC00632.jpg

Valtra T-180 and Lely Power Harrow....

DSC00626.jpg

From behind..... :-*

DSC00628.jpg

The animal.....

DSC00629.jpg

Inside......

DSC00630.jpg

Sunset in Bedfordshire....

DSC00631.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow looks awesome Will brilliant pics .... you love to make me jealous don't you  ;):D Keep them coming mate .. im enjoying your diary.

With the Case sprayer the first thing that came to mind was the new Hardi  :-\ Although a bit of an expensive model to use it does have its resembelences  :-\ :-\

Wow looks awesome Will brilliant pics .... you love to make me jealous don't you  ;):D Keep them coming mate .. im enjoying your diary.

With the Case sprayer the first thing that came to mind was the new Hardi  :-\ Although a bit of an expensive model to use it does have its resembelences  :-\ :-\

Yeah it does. If it was more ?20 - ?30 I'd have a play maybe, but not at ?45.  :-\

Today was a slower day for me, working on the livestock side. Todays main job was to start turning out the cattle and had a few loads of bullocks away from the farm and grouping suitable heifers to put with one of the three bulls.

First picture, is of me 5130 on the Ifor Williams Cattle box, backed up to the crush.... ;)

DSC00637.jpg

Last job this evening was to move some of the crete feeders to other places around the farm, but the bridge I was intending on using hadn't really survived the winter, so had to draw them down the road, at 5K, as the feeders don't like speed, which was not hepled by some total tw@ in his Renault Laguna cutting me up, whilst I was clearly indicating!  >:(

The 5130 again, backed up to a crete feeder....

DSC00639.jpg

Hooked up.....

DSC00640.jpg

and ready to go......

DSC00641.jpg

There looks to be a nice bite of grass there Will, the cattle will love that. Is that the only Simmental Bull you have?

Yes, we have had a few before though. Also currently have him, a Charolais and a Hereford.  ;)

What cows are you running with them then?

A right mix! The older generation are mainly black Herefords, but the younger generation are them crossed with others. e.t.c. The shed looks like a patch-work-quilt when feeding!  :D

Looking good mate and the grass looks well better than ours just now in terms of lushness......Where abouts are you mate?  :) :) :);)

Cheers, yes most of the grass is doing well, especially where the sheep havn't been. I'm on the Bedfordshire and Buckingamshire borders.  ;)

Cheers mate......Need all the windows on the Case open on a day like today eh...... :) :) :);)

Yes indeed. It does have air-con, but you can't beat the open-air can you!  :)

why don't yiou drive the 1455 ? apart from the 996 , it's the only tractor i'd want to drive , resident driver a bit protective is he ?

Ai....he's had her as his since new, and believe you me, I have tried.  ;)

Ai....he's had her as his since new, and believe you me, I have tried.  ;)

shame that but i do understand  :( , never driven a 14 but did use a 12 one silage season ,pulled like a train but unfortuntely the brakes couldn't make up their mind wether to work or not ,  :-\

shame that but i do understand  :( , never driven a 14 but did use a 12 one silage season ,pulled like a train but unfortuntely the brakes couldn't make up their mind wether to work or not ,  :-\

Oh dear, don't know what that could be. How old was she?  :-\