breaking tractors

nathan

Question

11 answers to this question

thought i would ask on here, what are the parts worth say on a ttv.like the wheels,front linkage, front axle etc. and do you think there is a demand for  UH tractor parts .

Keep an eye on the Ebay listings of tractor parts, bits, spares, scrapyard, wheels etc and you will get a good idea.

I know that some Britain's parts will make more than complete tractors and implements as there seems to be a lot of people that buy these parts for re-builds and conversions.

thought i would ask on here, what are the parts worth say on a ttv.like the wheels,front linkage, front axle etc. and do you think there is a demand for  UH tractor parts .

I shouldn't of thought that there would be enough profit in breaking new models, unless you can buy them cheap enough that is. I am sure that there would be a demand for it, just you would need to sell all the possible componants to maximise your profits.

http://www.mini-toys.net/miniatures-Pi?ces_d?tach?es-Relevages.html

This company break models, showing that there must be some demand, however they are model dealers remember, so won't be paying tax on the models, like you or me would, without a VAT receipt....I beleive that's how it works anyway. Hope this is some help to you. ;)

ok then lets try this. how much would you pay for these parts off a UHTTV

set of four wheels:

front linkage:

skid unit

cab

its just so i know if its worth the hassel or not. other tractors and implements would be added . just put the TTV as most conversions are based on these. iknow what i would pay for these just want to know if other people have the same figure in mind.

ok then lets try this. how much would you pay for these parts off a UHTTV

set of four wheels:

front linkage:

skid unit

cab

its just so i know if its worth the hassel or not. other tractors and implements would be added . just put the TTV as most conversions are based on these. iknow what i would pay for these just want to know if other people have the same figure in mind.

Well on a TTV, most conversionsalists just put the new body straight on the existing chasis, so probably be popular if you just sold chasis's complete for people to mount their own tractor on it.  :-\

As for indivual prices, the top people would pay is probably up to the following prices......

?8 for the wheels on axles,

?5 for front linkages,

?5 for a cab

and a skid unit would be pretty useless unless it is with wheels probably. (Going back to the above.  ;))

So yes there probably is some money to be made in them, again if you buy them cheap enough to make a profit and remember that some parts would be in btter demand such as linkages and less so with the cabs, so you may end up with a lot of cabs on your hands as cabs would have are pretty limited market.  ;)

?6 wheels and axle, ?3.50 to ?4 linkage and the rest aint worth bothering with as there are more Deutz TTV cabs lying around in people's workshops that there is no wonder there is a zinc shortage!  ::)

was thinking the same prices, about ?13 quid for the complete skid was what i thought.  want to sell some conversions more for the fun of it than money reasons, and do the odd westpoint show in exeter.

any body got any thoughts on which tractors would be good to break up for spares

was thinking the same prices, about ?13 quid for the complete skid was what i thought.  want to sell some conversions more for the fun of it than money reasons, and do the odd westpoint show in exeter.

any body got any thoughts on which tractors would be good to break up for spares

Anything with good wheels and front linkages. Probably a market in Red Valtra C's with loaders, selling a loader for ?10, (like DT), and then a complete chasis. ;)

i think that is what will happen, will strip the cabs of anything i can use and keep one or two cabs and bonnets. well i think its a go and will post up some stuff soon as well as some conversions