Silage made in Wedmore

alpinefocus

excellent pics.

Would the buckrake not be better on the BACK of the tractor. I used to do a lot of buckraking and prefered it on the rear, you have higher clearance and can make a steeper ramp, wich always makes things interesting, though the only downside was a stiff neck now and again.

nice pics

any more of the 6810?

Buckrake, on the front, tractor seems to dig in under the load better and you don't get a stiff neck! Yes you can keep the face steeper on the back but whats the advantage of a steep face if your filling the pit in one go?

i was just mentioning thats all.

I've buckraked a good bit, with tellehandlers, tractors etc and find that a rear mounted buckrake on a tractor seems to be better (in my opinion) What im basing this on is, you can get more silage into a pit if the ramp is steeper. I've used a telehandler while buckraking and if you have a steepish gradient the handler doesnt go up it so well, whereas a tractor could.

We had a massive open silo and the first cut that particular year was excellent and i had to change from the tele handler as i was getting three quarters the way back into the pit before i reached the top, if you understand what im trying to say. Changed to the tractor and buckrake and could put a good bit more into the front of the silo.

Depends on that the kit if its a typical farmers shovel it would be no match to say a 100hp tractor! Buckrake on the front would be a lot easier on the neck!!

Contractor near me used a 414 for years then started using a tm 190 with the buckrake on the back, before first cut was over a front linkage was attached, now uses a 7490 way the buck rake on the front!!

ahhhhh, now if we're comparing a tractor with rear mounted buckrake against a telehandler we're not talking the same language as the former against tractor with front mounted buckrake! I have many times left the telehandler to one side and gone "back" to tractor with rear buckrake, as you say the tele can't push up as well plus rolling is crap. But try a tractor/front rake and you'll understand it's even better. Not commenting on loading shovels in this conversation.

I like you're picture :):):)