Poison for the world (;-): sprayers in action

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ok, a little bit off-topic:

Well, I should have avoided this topic, as stubble grubbering, my first real-self-farming experience since many years, was another experience with mixed and mostly bad feelings.

Here is a photo taken earlier today by a friend, when the sun was shining and everything looked good.

Familiarization with the tractor took longer than expected but after an hour of solo-rides I managed it good with very good looking results on the field - so though I.

However, the farmer and owner of the tractor was not that convinced and never satisfied*, he always wanted me to drive exactly the way he had in his mind-map and I believe when the rain had soaked the fields by mid-afternoon, he used the opportunity to stop (my) work - due to the weather, he told me. But between the lines I could read that he would not give me another chance.

(e. g. he shouted at me when turning the tractor at the end of the field and me needing to make the tractor go forward and backward again, as I needed to correct the turn - "This costs too much fuel! One more time and it's over, fried!" , "Do not operlap the rows too much, this costs time!", and so on, that's the hard reality of farming ...

Luckily he was not present when I had to ride backwards for a few metres and had forgotten that the grubber was still deep in the earth - luckily nothing happened, as the tractor motor stopped running due to the havy force of the grubber in the earth, this was however, just because I was soo nervous avoiding any mistake, that real mistakes resulted of this ...)

On the good side, I had a unique opportunity for real-life farming and driving a rather large tractor and a 5 meter stubble grubber all alone, doing some 10 hectars within the few hours.

On the other hand I had to concentrate all time, was always afraid of the next annoying comment of the farmer who kept observing me all day long and now I am even glad it is over without him saying "you are not able to do real farming, you are a bad driver - dream on ...".

However, I now would like to dream on with my models and model farms without alsways remembering of this demanding and a little fit frustrating day.

Maybe I am really born for dreaming, writing (that's my real job, as I am an online-editor for a large sales-brand) and taking pictures plus modell-farming of course,

maybe I should be satisfied with what I have ...

what do you think?

thanks for reading ;-)

post-1013-132638635083_thumb.jpg

Oh yes he showed me what a perfect driver he was. And he explained, "you may a beginner, but have to learn immediately, as I do not have time and money for beginners. There are enough farmers sons around who have learned it from the days of their childhood ..."

That's the reality - he gave me chance as it was a chance for him to save time and money, and as this expectations where not fulfilled, it was over. But never mind, as long as thee is FTF and you nice fellows around, my soul will recover soon ;-)

Oh yes he showed me what a perfect driver he was. And he explained, "you may a beginner, but have to learn immediately, as I do not have time and money for beginners. There are enough farmers sons around who have learned it from the days of their childhood ..."

That's the reality - he gave me chance as it was a chance for him to save time and money, and as this expectations where not fulfilled, it was over. But never mind, as long as thee is FTF and you nice fellows around, my soul will recover soon ;-)

So basically he only did it so it gave him an excuse not to employ anyone.

Riding back home 10 miles from the farm to our small village, I saw this direct in front of "our" house (a rental flat of course, due to lack of money ;-)).

According to the lorry driver they were spreading "Alkali" (special chemical form of liquid Calium; do not know the English term, do you understand what I mean or talking about? Do you know such implements in the UK?)

post-1013-132638635088_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638635095_thumb.jpg