Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

Thanks guys :) To be honest I have little to fault with the 75. The be all is they are too small for this work but that's no basis for criticism. The turning circle isn't great but we are on field work only and we turn with the pto in gear so it's not too much worry really. The cab access is poor and storage minimal, oh and the can cooler is gone but the crap sun visor has stayed. . . . minor operator issues really. Power, great. Comfort, great. Road work, great. . . it's a perfect all rounder and being semi mechanical that helps for different drivers. :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :) To be honest I have little to fault with the 75. The be all is they are too small for this work but that's no basis for criticism. The turning circle isn't great but we are on field work only and we turn with the pto in gear so it's not too much worry really. The cab access is poor and storage minimal, oh and the can cooler is gone but the crap sun visor has stayed. . . . minor operator issues really. Power, great. Comfort, great. Road work, great. . . it's a perfect all rounder and being semi mechanical that helps for different drivers. :)

Nice summary mate.

You wouldn't believe how long the guys in the uk have been saying we need flat surfaces and they gave us the thing on the left of the seat.

As for access, that's why the panorama door came out and the fridge that can be fitted.

Oh and i'm not in sales so will admit all your criticisms are true  ;)

That Field Office is ok but I've got a dickie seat which is in the way of opening the lower compartment ::) But no, as far as I have used it in this particular job it's a good solid machine. Maybe 12t spreaders would be better suited but I had her on her rims just now, 4wd, diff, powering and dragging the 15tonner up a bank and she came back from 820rpm. . . you can't knock that when she was revving at 2200 before.

• 2 months later...

Long awaited updates!!

Remember me having a ball ache due the spreader being loaded with 13t of soil? Well this is the farm where it happened. The farmer was using the sludge as a dumping ground so that we would 'unsuspectingly' spread all of his rubbish. Git.

Anyway, the bunded compond needed breaking and draining before we loaded anything. It flipping stank as well!!

post-227-132638922049_thumb.jpg

post-227-13263892208_thumb.jpg

He had a Puma on demo and with the storm clouds coming in over Longleat Forest in the backround he set his discs to work to get the sludge incorporated striaght away. Only he finished the field during the night even though we hadn't finished spreading it  ::)

post-227-132638922106_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638922132_thumb.jpg

Great pics Tris.

Is that bio solids you are spreading there Tris.

What was being tilled in it? I see that some of the Maltsters and millers are making farmers sign contracts saying that they will not use bio solids on crops destined for the food market. ???

Ad, she is a 13 tonner mate. One of three they bought this year. All the info is a few pages back  ;)

Yeah Rob some are but most are saying if you don't tell us, we won't know  ;) The likes of Sainsburys, Waitrose are saying they don't mind but then Mr Tesco who is out to create the perfect shopping image while ripping off the supplier is saying No. About the only big name who is as far as I know. It was never allowed on to the food chain but in recent years the rules have been relaxed after testing of food and soil found it to be of no risk.

Years ago our great - granparents emptied the toilet bowl on the vegetable garden. ..

On to the next place, north of Bristol. Just outside Thornbury to be precise. It was wet to say the least and that was on the top of the hill!! I spread at the bottom which seemed ok but another chap set off from the headland at the top of the bank and. . . down she went!!  :o

Chriss tracked over in the JCB and dug the spreader out and tipped into mine.

post-227-132638922179_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638922203_thumb.jpg

. .. untill that it. . . it was my turn!! The track we were using to and from the field was just a bit of pasture and as the day went on we got deeper and deeper untill the tow hitch on the rear of my spreader stopped me going any further. No pics of her being towed out unfortunately.  :(

post-227-132638922726_thumb.jpg

post-227-132638922738_thumb.jpg

Next farm, no pics of anything in particular but I thought this was pretty funny. Rich had to track over the other side of the bank we were spreading on to level out the ruts on the hill. It was pretty bloody steep and I can tell ya!! Out between Marlborough and Swindon - Stevo knows the bloke  ;)

post-227-132638922768_thumb.jpg

Archived