Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics Tris, up to your usual standard :)

1689 is a cracking shot ;)

How many rows will that Claas 840 cut, Is this the outfit that you drove the 8340 with last year, have they still got it ??

Thats it for questions  :D

Cheers Mark, yeah I'm quite fond of that one myself. Wasn't so when I took it mind but in 17" it looks a lot better. She has got a 6 row on her mate, as much as she'll take really. It suits most of the farms anyways, some only grow 30ac of maize and that can be in 6 fields!!  ::)

Yep, the 8340 is still there. It's Petes own tractor so it isn't needed for maize. The TM120 and 155 with it's trailer are owner drivers. The rest is his uncles' kit. Pete has had the 8340 ploughing with a Kuhn 4+1 Varimaster most of the autumn when the ground will go 8)

Err, No Colm. ..  I was safely astride my 140. Just as I came in the gate I heard the driver talking on the CB saying "I tell you what, this 155 doesn't half go. When it gets sticky, she just digs her heels in and keeps on going".

Fatal last words!!  :D :D

Cheers lads. For me Ol, the Deere. I do like the 40/60/TM series NH's though. Always will, they are of my generation.

Dan the TM155 with white wheel AS is all Johns. He is buying the forager, TM120 owner Rob is buying the that '06 AS trailer and Pete is buying the '06 AS trailer I was pulling. All from Petes two uncles. :)

Bunnings, Murray. Bunnings ;)

She glides with them but at 40+kph they get a wiggle on. The second spreader takes all the wieght off the tractors drawbar. Therefore the axle of the first spreader acts as a pivot like the centre of a see-saw. Also, it makes the whole outfit pivot left to right. I started making sure when we finished spreading there was 4t left so that it could be loaded right up the front of the first spreader so as keeping some wieght on the tractor. It also garunteed me a 54kph road speed, safely ;D They wiegh 6.5t empty, each. Heavy old things!! 8)

It was great seeing so much kit about, such a variation and seeing tractors in numbers all working the same fields too :)

Archived