Few pictures from round the farms *Updated on - 10/03/13*

Deere-est

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you may remember last year when I was spreading biosolids there was a Fendt and a John Deere baling. One with an MF baler and one with a Hesston. Well, small world. . .  this is them again!

post-227-132639177768_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639177816_thumb.jpg

Cheers Sean, there is a better one coming mind  ;) Which I have just emailed to you, Murray.

Purple does look a little odd I have to admit and it is the first I have seen but I quite liked it. Another famrer has a bale trailer with black wheels and that looks positivley sh**  :D As for the TV it never stays in one place as the clamp is a bit loose so I can only watch it if I am parked anyway. Handy for breakdowns and field changes though if I have caught up on the pit.  :)

Managed to get a day on trailers as this farmer is lending the chap with the 8360 his loader in the winter for spuds. IN return the 8360 was parked up and the driver did the farmers pit with his loader. I took the trailer for the day.

Jag 840 on the headland.

post-227-132639177918_thumb.jpg

"The farm with the horseshoe clamp"

This was a right hash up. The maize clamp is outdoor and runs down the side of the grass clamp which is inside the wide span shed. In front is a defunked slurry ramp. The idea is to pile the maize in up as far as the ramp and stop. Then make another pile with whatever is left on the right hand side infront of the grass. This leaving a space to get to the grass. Following me? Right. .  after last years thin crop he planted more acres.  .. . and typically had a bumper yield anyway!! So we ended up having to put more on the top of the maize clamp when we thought we would have finished.. . it was a right git to do aswell and it ended up as one big horseshoe shaped clamp  ::) ::) totally blocking off the grass.

post-227-132639178175_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639178238_thumb.jpg

Once I had finished I had to pull a corridor out so the farmer could get through to the grass..... not that 'Buttercup' was worried, she was fine with the maize being just where it was. Greedy guts. :D

post-227-132639178292_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639178348_thumb.jpg

That's your lot, all updated untill the next installment. Bit more maize this week and then I expect I wull be bcak on the firewood deliveries. That guy has bought a second big Palax wood processor and loading table which don't come cheap so he must be expecting a busy winter! :o

and we will be expecting a busy hobbit :D would it not have made more sense for the farm to hire a trailer  and kept your trailers on your tractors  ??? ???

A lot easier yeah! I guess we can put our hands on a trailer easier though.

Archived