roller shutter doors

MJB1

Question

been thinking about this for a while now & thought i'd give it a bash , trying to get hinges onto doors is no fun , so i thought about the more modern roller shutter doors  :)

i removed the end / side from a britains shed

then found some channeled strips , this was originaly from electrical conduit  :-\ surprise  ::) heated with a hairdrier & slowly bent to the angle of the shed roof & uprights :)

post-211-132638616426_thumb.jpg

Ark at cheeky chops there giving Daddy some stick!!! Old Thomas is going to be a prefectionist when he is older I think, won't settle for anything but the best!! Oops, soryy Marcus chum mate bro buddy friend dude .. .. that came out wrong!! :-[

Ark at cheeky chops there giving Daddy some stick!!! Old Thomas is going to be a prefectionist when he is older I think, won't settle for anything but the best!! Oops, soryy Marcus chum mate bro buddy friend dude .. .. that came out wrong!! :-[

well tris if his model making is anything like his artwork then you're not far wrong  ;)

in the school of about 300 kids he & 4 others were picked to represent the school in an art contest they did pretty well . the other 4 were nearly 3 years older than him as well !

Here are my doors. I found some small corrugated thick paper at a paper shop. It is silver and has very small ridges in it like a roller shutter doo. I doubt these pics will do any justice though.

post-705-132638618074_thumb.jpg

It was in a craft shop that has loads of different textured card and paper. They had some excellent silver thread that i will be using for wire when i get my set up in place.

post-705-132638618082_thumb.jpg

It was in a craft shop that has loads of different textured card and paper. They had some excellent silver thread that i will be using for wire when i get my set up in place.

Your not going to tell me where are you. ...  ::)  :D

Well tris it was in portsmouth mate years ago but you could try anywhere, the shop was named "the paper shop" which is good.....................

Sorry I cant be any more specific.  :-\