Cullies Farm

smallclaas

At the base of the tree I scattered some finely chopped doormat  ;D to look like pine needles scattered around the foot of the tree.

You think of flipping everything, Garret!! You'll be looking out for a lead squirrel now then  ;)

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloodly hell Garrett, have you ever done anything which isn't sodding perfect...  :o???  >:(:D :D :D

I'm soooo glad you didn't plant those bonsai trees you know.... the thought of you having thousands of pounds worth of trees to sell as well as your frankly obscene levels of talent makes me want to birch myself..... disgraceful.... and yet absolutely perfect at the same time.... you so and so....  ;):D :D

Oh, did I mention.... fantastic mate.... ;D

I like that , certainly looks like a tree should . excellent photo of  base of tree  :):D :D

Thanks Toolbox Tam, I had a look at a real scots pine before I made this model, I took a few pics of the real one and noticed that the base of the tree had a cushion of pine needles and cones. I'm going to add a little more muck and scatter to the woodland floor when I get all done.

You think of flipping everything, Garret!! You'll be looking out for a lead squirrel now then  ;)

Thanks Tris, I must talk to Mandy for that one, I saw the Britains read squirrel but not to sure whether it's 1/32 scale or a little bigger.

You think of flipping everything, Garret!! You'll be looking out for a lead   red squirrel now then 

they live in Scots pine & we still have some up here , dont want  those rat like grey things  ::);)

I agree the wood near my house has hundreds of Scot pine trees, but the last time I saw a red, until last Friday was 30 years. The grey lads seem to have died off, I saw this little red fellow stealing windblown apples from my dads garden last Friday, haven't seen him since, but hoping there making a come back to this woodland.

Bloodly hell Garrett, have you ever done anything which isn't sodding perfect...  :o???  >:(:D :D :D

I'm soooo glad you didn't plant those bonsai trees you know.... the thought of you having thousands of pounds worth of trees to sell as well as your frankly obscene levels of talent makes me want to birch myself..... disgraceful.... and yet absolutely perfect at the same time.... you so and so....  ;):D :D

Oh, did I mention.... fantastic mate.... ;D

Thanks Simon, I'm going all embarrassed now  :-[:-[

what a lovely job you have made of the tree garrett top draw mate ,there is a plastic squirrel on the britains tree of life mate he would look the nuts nuts nuts on there mate i put the squirrel and his dray in the trees on frogshole mind you they was no where near your standard garrett lovely look forward to the beech trees ;)

what a lovely job you have made of the tree garrett top draw mate ,there is a plastic squirrel on the britains tree of life mate he would look the nuts nuts nuts on there mate i put the squirrel and his dray in the trees on frogshole mind you they was no where near your standard garrett lovely look forward to the beech trees ;)

Thanks Graham, I remember seeing that squirrell now, last year at Toytrac, I must keep an eye open for one or see if Mandy has any for sale.

First tree set into the layout. I anchored the tree using a lenght of dowel drilled into the base board and used some plasters bonding to hold the tree in place. I've set the tree next to the lane.

At the base of the tree I scattered some finely chopped doormat  ;D to look like pine needles scattered around the foot of the tree.

Now just to get the rest of the woodland area finished, holding the beech trees for a while, have to get some light green foliage to finish them.

wow it is coming on nicely  :D :D :D:) :) :)  :o :o :o

I've just caught up on your topic Garret and I've got to say, your tree's are truly amazing pieces of work 8)

The pine looks so natural especially with the fallen needles around the base.

What season will the Beeches represent? they'd look great with autumnal golden leaves :)

trees are an excellent touch to it lad!

Thanks Ryan  :)

Them trees look great,nice detail on them ;)

great work wish i had the time and the skill woll done

Thanks lads comments much appreciated

I've just caught up on your topic Garret and I've got to say, your tree's are truly amazing pieces of work 8)

The pine looks so natural especially with the fallen needles around the base.

What season will the Beeches represent? they'd look great with autumnal golden leaves :)

I will probably finish the layout to be early Summer, so light green leaves on the beech trees and dark green on the oaks.

Garret I kind of got used to you being busy. It gave me chance to try and catch up with you. Though I didn't get close, your away even further yet again!! Love the cattle scratcher ;) Oaks and Beeches to follow then. . . . Brilliant!  8)

Garret I kind of got used to you being busy. It gave me chance to try and catch up with you. Though I didn't get close, your away even further yet again!! Love the cattle scratcher ;) Oaks and Beeches to follow then. . . . Brilliant!  8)

Thanks Tris, Started adding foliage to one of the beech trees, but got a shock when I saw a packet of Woodland Scenics scatter was €8.00 so got to thinking, how can I make the stuff myself.

I had some old foam in the jeep so out came the blender again ;) I cut the foam in to half inch size pieces, poped it in the blender. Then soaked it in ronseal fence paint. This is the result  :)

post-77-132638943785_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638943806_thumb.jpg

I used spray on glue to add the foliage to the branches, the colour is a little dark for a Beech tree, but sure it's a new breed of tree  ;) I reckon each tree so far has cost about €7.00 to make.  I'm happy with the overall result, as the object of this tree making was to keep it "cheap as chips"

I'll add a darker green to make the foliage for the Oaks, if anyone has to do a bit of landscaping I suggest you make your own foliage as the model shop stuff costs the earth for a small packet.

post-77-132638943823_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638943827_thumb.jpg

Archived