2nd cut at blakiston houston estates

massey man

thats the way they sit on her noel,theyd be folded in for the road but the field he parked up in was the last field they lifted,they done it in 2 days,last year with the 2nd cut bein alot lighter they were liftin 30ft swards at 14mph,mckelvey bros of ballynahinch started to lift 2nd cut at saintfield on thurs nite with 1 jd 7700 self propelled and by 10.30 fri morn they had 200 acres in!!  8)

bloomin heck thats some going!!!  :o

I remember back when we were doing it with a Taarup 622 trailed harverster, we were going well if we put in 20-30 acres a day!

Though we were using 7 tone trailers!

How times change!!!

We have SO got to arrange a day out for you drawing silage! You haven't lived until you are careering down a narrow lane at 40k, 18 tonnes of silage behind you, black smoke to the heavens, and then you meet a muppet in a Micra who can't reverse.  :o

There is also the joy of being the 8th load out through a mucky gap - it's usually the 8th that gets bogged to the axles.

I can't believe you were allowed get married without having drawn silage. I thought it was a mandatory thing - it should be!

Front weights usually frightenthose drivers Stan  :D :D

You forgot the fact of two trailers meeting in opposite directions in the narrowest places :D

many thanks ts135a we were lucky,the rain came down as they were in the last field,sure there was no wilt the big m just grouped 3 into 1 and the 890 was rite behind it,wat part of the country is that were they havent the 1st cut in?

Am up in the far North of Scotland here. !5 miles from John o' Groats.Where we see plenty of muppets doing the trip from Lands End to John o' Groats in all sorts of costumes and vehicles  :o

1 tanker

2 permastores

give me a week yet noel  8)  ;)

u bring the fiat up ive a neighbours 2500 redrock for her to pull  ;)

If i was still working on the farm, i probably would bring her up ha ha!

She would take to the 2500 no probs!!!  ;)  ;)

I was spreading slurry from 6am right through to dark after cutting silage! was nackered but enjoyed it!

Though the weather was no-where near as bad, i sopose thats not helping you too much!

If you can get a few snaps it would be greatly appreciated  ;)

Noel