Dismantle at UH K100

noel

Question

Hi Everyone, im attempting to do my first conversion.

I've managed to strip down a Siku MF 5455 and now want to mount it on a UH K100!

How do i dismantle the K100? So far i've managed to remove the screw underneath the cab, but how do i get the rest removed without breaking too much ha ha!

Any help/advice is appreciated!

Noel

5 answers to this question

Ok

haven't done a K100 in a while but i think this is right ;)

pull the back wheels off, pick off the glue underneath the mudguards and the cab should come off.

Lift out the seat and then the floorplan should come away. If you pull at the bonnet and use flat screwdriver underneath it, it should pull off upwards.

You might not need to go this far but I may aswell explain the whole thing  :D

At the hook there will two screws that when you take out the hook will come off.

If you look at the side off the chassias there will be some screws take them out and the whole thing will spilt down the middle.

Hope that is of some help Noel to you  ;)

Anything just ask :)

thanks for your replys!

I've managed to do this with your help.

One last question, How do i go about attaching the siku 5455 bonnet to the UH Chassis?

Any other suggestions greatly welcome!

cheers

Noel

If you do glue it down, use something like Araldite/epoxy as super glue won't stick die cast and will fall apart at the first chance it gets as some people have found out to their cost ::) ::)

If you do glue it down, use something like Araldite/epoxy as super glue won't stick die cast and will fall apart at the first chance it gets as some people have found out to their cost ::) ::)

Cheers Gav, luckily enough i have some of that Araldite stuff about. Have to go and find it.

the bonnet seems a bit rocky when i place it on the k1oo chassis, i just wonder what others have done to fix this, would the araldite be enough to hold it?

Sorry, newbie at conversions ha ha!