The Day of all Days: Farming action near Neuss (Germany) 2007-09-13

Richard de Florennes

Too much to post any more of one picture of each implement; more on personal demand - all seen today after work and taking my small boy from the Kindergarden; all in just three and a half hours between 16.30 and 20.00 hrs local time!

Too much for any further comments - may the pictures speak for themselves - Enjoy and have fun!

1st stop: when passing this local golfing green; baling and seeding action there made me stop there for the first time after a long time:

post-1013-132638648996_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638649003_thumb.jpg

from the point of my first stop, I could see two different potato harvester in action a few hundred yards away so I continued the journey until finding this:

the red one (photographed through the window screen) was actually harvesting onions (not tulips ;))

the driver of the green one was a a very unfriendly guy, shouting at people, collecting potatos fallen down on the edge of his field ...

To avoid any contact with this farmer, and as I saw some kind of self-propelled harvester in action at the horizon, I continued my journey immediately ...

post-1013-132638649022_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638649029_thumb.jpg

while joining for a ride, a saw a John Deere with a fron mounted topper and another equipment working on the neighoring field, so the next stop produced the following:

(turned out to be a windrower with onion harvester, the final stage of the harvest was realized by the John Deere towed Grimme harvester shown in the third posting in this topic, owned by the same farmer but working on another field ...)

post-1013-132638649044_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638649052_thumb.jpg

Meanwhile the carrot harvester made its way to another field some miles away - so I followed him, hoping for some better photo opportunities.

As I finally knew which field was the next operating ground for the harvester (as I almost know what is growing on each field in a distance of 25 miles from home), I overtook him and found this ROPA self-propelled sugar beet harvester on the neighbour's field:

post-1013-132638649056_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638649063_thumb.jpg

Some great scenes you have captured there Sascha and to do it all in one day is a real achievement!

These pictures will bring back a few memories for Ol!!

while joining for a ride, a saw a John Deere with a fron mounted topper and another equipment working on the neighoring field, so the next stop produced the following:

(turned out to be a windrower with onion harvester, the final stage of the harvest was realized by the John Deere towed Grimme harvester shown in the third posting in this topic, owned by the same farmer but working on another field ...)

Hoho, thanks for the nice feedback - but I have not finished yet - I just stopped uploading pics at 2 o' clock in the night and now I am in the office after four hours sleep only, am just having a coffee break and will upload some more within the next hours; whenever work permits ...

Some great scenes you have captured there Sascha and to do it all in one day is a real achievement!

Thes pictures will bring back a few memories for Ol!!

Thanks, but hm, what? How? Do not understand anything of "according to the mrs its a model set up 9 the last pic that is"  :D

What about "according to the mr its a model set down 8 the first pic that was"?  ;)

Yet again super pics mate, But according to the mrs its a model set up 9 the last pic that is, Ive never seen any of this type of gear in person, thanks for shareing these pics

And finally - as you can proably imagine - me and especially my small son (who enjoyed houers of riding on: self-propelled beet-harvester, onion-harvesting John Deere tractor, ROPA sugarbeet harvester) were glad that there was no further tractor on our way back home "forcing" us to stop after this Deutz came along:

(that's it from me for today; now either elect me for FTF member of the year or look at the "For Sale" section ;-)))

Hope you had fun!!!

post-1013-132638649262_thumb.jpg

post-1013-132638649266_thumb.jpg