please may some one give me a guide to making a fuel tank

Massey Boy

Question

here's a couple of photos of the ones i made, not to george poole standard i know but everyones got to start somewhere

004-4.jpg

001-2.jpg

base is 6mm mdf painted grey, bund wall and tank piers are 6mm mdf and 1/35th scale brick paper, the capping on the bund wall is a piece of softwood moulding from the local diy shop, the tank gauge is 4.8mm plastic tube with a piece of copper wire glued in the top for a site gauge and a panel pin cut down and glued in the side for a gatevalve, diesel hoses are electric cable, vents on the top of the tanks are bent up copper wire, filler caps are 8mm nuts with a piece of plastic glued on top and cut to shape and the tanks are cardboard

think i may just buy one with me making it i would have to buy all the stuff about 3 times before building a ok one

no harm in trying, you gotta start somewhere!, and if it turns out wrong you can always use it as an old tank :-\

can we pre-order for Toytrac?

Give him a ring Kev, he is a true gent and will be happy to help you. No doubt he has a few orders to fullfill but it is worth a call as he is only round the corner form you at Thame. I will PM you his number mate.