Bean Vining 2007.....

NewHolland2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's video time now.....Excuse the commentary on one or two of them I got slightly excitable that things were going so well.....  :-[:-[ :D;)

1) New Holland 8360 and Water Bowser reversing back to the field after loading with water.....

2) Two viners working their way across the second field.....

3) The PMC 979-AT Viner.....

4) All the viners in one video.....

5) The FMC 979-AT Viner.....

The next few are all night-time videos.....

This last one shows the viners speeding off to their next destination at 5am..... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIl2wCOXqmo

Enjoy..... :)

:D :D No worries mate, If I was there at the time the atmosphere would of got to me too!

I like the PMC 979-CT would love to drive that on the road!

It's some machine eh..... :)

If I was being totally honest I would have to say for me the viners beats the atmosphere of even the tattie harvest..... There's just something about such impressive machines working away and the sound they make and all the light.....Just leaves me with a massive smile on my face..... :)

Wonderful footage there, NewHolland.  Looks like a busy part of the country!

Below are two photographs I took in NE Fife last week of the (animal fodder) bean crops being grown there.  They'll be harvested by now or in the very near future.

BeanCropnearBalmerino161007.jpg

BeanCropcloseupnearBalmerino161007.jpg

Wonderful footage there, NewHolland.  Looks like a busy part of the country!

Below are two photographs I took in NE Fife last week of the (animal fodder) bean crops being grown there.  They'll be harvested by now or in the very near future.

BeanCropnearBalmerino161007.jpg

BeanCropcloseupnearBalmerino161007.jpg

Thanks James...... :)

That's interesting to see mate that they let the fodder beans go to the "brown/ripened" stage...... :)

Mart...quick question...

The 'chaff' that falls from the back of the viner, can that be baled up and fed as roughage? Or is it just ploughed under?

It's all usually ploughed in Luke......The way the viners spit it out of the back and sides it doesn't really get arranged in much of a swath it's pretty evenly and thinly spread out so wouldn't really be easy to bale......There are occasional patches in the field where there's a big clump of chaff where the viner has sat and got all the trash out of its system...... :) :)

Love the pics and video,s Top work you are a dab hand with the camera

Question, When you are in the padocks taking pics and the like do you wear high vis gear? just so you can be seen easly?

Cheers mate...... :)

I'm actually quite lucky with the situations of the majority of fields here where I can usually be on the end-rig of another field adjacent to the one the machines are or on a track beside the field however if I am in the field I usually just wave to the driver so he knows I'm about...... :)

For the night-time pics I was actually standing on a track running along the edge of the field and most of the lads knew I was around...... :);)

Normally when I used to I just used to stand ner the hedge when they get to the end of a run and step back out when they pass. Mart was there in he day too so the Viner drivers will know he's about I expect.

Aye they were probably thinking "Not that nutter again - he never leaves us alone"...... :D;)

Cheers mate...... :)

I'm actually quite lucky with the situations of the majority of fields here where I can usually be on the end-rig of another field adjacent to the one the machines are or on a track beside the field however if I am in the field I usually just wave to the driver so he knows I'm about...... :)

For the night-time pics I was actually standing on a track running along the edge of the field and most of the lads knew I was around...... :);)

Aye they were probably thinking "Not that nutter again - he never leaves us alone"...... :D;)

im sure some operators think the same about me,

I was just asking about the hi vis gear since our contractors over here are much happyer if you are wearing hi vis gear as they dont have to keep looking to see where you are since you stand out  ;)

The stack driver the other day said it was good me wearing it as he could allways see me even if i was infront of the fork takning pics

im sure some operators think the same about me,

I was just asking about the hi vis gear since our contractors over here are much happyer if you are wearing hi vis gear as they dont have to keep looking to see where you are since you stand out  ;)

The stack driver the other day said it was good me wearing it as he could allways see me even if i was infront of the fork takning pics

I certainly know what you mean mate......If I was to be taking pics of say a tractor ploughing and I was in the furrow with it I'd definitely wear it them just to make sure I stood out...... :);)