Farming Action near J?lich (Germany), 2007-11-01

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics mate......Like the Agrotron......I have to say I'm growing more fond of those Deutz's...... :)

thanks for the nice feedback. However, I still no not like Deutz (although they are or at least were manufactured just a few miles from my home village near Cologne), can not say why, they are quite good according to the farmers; but although I am German I prefer New Holland, Massey Ferguson and John Deere much more; as they are they have a more international "flavour". But Fendt - that's something which could be addition to my modell collection ...

Nice pictures Sascha, must go try and find my chaps 6 row Garford lifter at some point :);)

You are right Ben, when Siku first planned a beet harvester it was going to be a Stoll V202 but between the planning stage when the catalogue was released with a picture of it and the actual release it had changed into the Holmer. I do have a catalogue somewhere with the Stoll pictured ;)

cheers Gav, i knew i wasnt going mad!!

any chance you could dig it out one day?

nice pictures, is the 2 stage beet harvesting set up popular around your way or is it a bit of a rare site?

very rare, that's whey I got totally excited about finding these implements for the first time this season. Here in our area the iron-age of single-row beet harvesters, was followed by the two-row age and now by the self-propelled six-row-age. The two-stage system was not very popular here - to expensive for normal farmers, lack of efficiency for contractors. However, for me as a dedicated row-crop fan some of the most interesting arrangement on the fields -this two stage-system. How is it in your areas, lads? Still common procedure?

Some more pics from yesterday:

post-1013-132638667046_thumb.jpg

post-1013-13263866705_thumb.jpg