john deere 6910

fendt-man-matty

we had a 6600 when we first mover to the farm then we got a 6910 straight away after 5000 hours we got a 6920 and after countless problems with the comonrail engine and about 300 - 400 hours we got a 6920s

overall i prefer the 6910 cant remember much about it as it was atleast 7 years ago apart from it had:

a left hand reverser

a 24x24 forward reverse speed transmision

the 5000 540 and 540e pto

standard draught control - up down hydrolics

and four spools

hope this helps!

kk thanks very much for the info guys, they're just one of my favs :-\ love the pics cheers BP anyone else can still fire away with info ;) the transmission looks sweet on the 2pics as you said kiwi, yea thats what most new jds are fitted with.

question :D

what is the proper name for the transmission on the last pic, with the 24X24 gears, because thats what the 6400 i drove had 8)

The transmissions are mainly PowrQuad, either mechanical or electric (Buttons or a lever for the 4 speed)

They also had either A,B,C,D,E if it was 20x20 or A,B,C,D,E,F if it was a 24 x 24.

A few had the powershift transmission like in a 7000 series like in the frst pic.

All transmission in the 69X0 sereis are now PowrQuad or AutoPowr.

You are tight that the 6910 was an awesome tractor and the 6920 had lots of problems.

The main of the problems with the engine was because the 6920 had to meet stricter emissions regulations rather than just having an engine churning out lots of HP.

If you want any more specific information then ask me and I will do my best to find it.

cheers jez that helps a lot, yea then the 'powrquad' was a great design in transmission, the 6400 i drove had A B C D E F so its 24X24 but one thing that crossed my mind, why would you want to be going flat out 24 gears in reverse!!! would end up killin someone if not yourself :o right so most of the new 6930's are 'autopowr' which is 4gears to the touch of a button and the 6 ABCDEF gears aswell :-\ thanks i understand now but say if im wrong ;)

cheers jez that helps a lot, yea then the 'powrquad' was a great design in transmission, the 6400 i drove had A B C D E F so its 24X24 but one thing that crossed my mind, why would you want to be going flat out 24 gears in reverse!!! would end up killin someone if not yourself :o right so most of the new 6930's are 'autopowr' which is 4gears to the touch of a button and the 6 ABCDEF gears aswell :-\ thanks i understand now but say if im wrong ;)

If it's like a Case, it won't let you reverse in top range. ;)

autopowr is the cvt gear box autoquad is the newer version of power quad plus  ;)

No, the original ones had a block when in reverse so you could only use ABC but this was easy to take out and yes you could use all 24 in reversae but as you say was very dangerous. None left the factory without this in.

No, AutoPowr is totally gearless, it is infinite in speeds and only has one lever, see pic below. I could talk for ages about them.

The transmissions are mostly AutoQuad now which is powrquad but you use two buttons to go up and down the 4 speeds in each range A B C D E.

I hope this helps and isnt too confusing.

post-705-132638683173_thumb.jpg

I had the pleasure ::) or driving one of these throughout the summer and they aren't a bad tractor :o. The one i had been well worked but still tidy, 9000hrs on 01 plate i think :o :o Good engine and powerful, didn't know it had a 8 tonner full of silage on the back soon got through all the gears ;D ;D I did however let another chap have it when the Case CVX 130 arrived, now that blew the pants off the deere!! Got loads of pics on my phone that need downloading still ::) ::)::)

From personal eperiance i have foud the 10 and 00 series Much beter than the 20,

i my self much prefer PQ or PQ plus over the ivt, i found a cvx much easyer to learn and drive , i run a 6310, 6420, and 6920, the 69 has the power but the 6310 is the better of the lot i recon,

Is it just me or do the 10s turn rings around the 20s?

From personal eperiance i have foud the 10 and 00 series Much beter than the 20,

i my self much prefer PQ or PQ plus over the ivt, i found a cvx much easyer to learn and drive , i run a 6310, 6420, and 6920, the 69 has the power but the 6310 is the better of the lot i recon,

Is it just me or do the 10s turn rings around the 20s?

ya they are far better, with my boss id pick to drive the 6810 any day over one of the 6920's. i find the button gear change is too slow as you have to wait for it to ready itself, the manual range selector on the 10s lets you get off the blocks alot quicker.