the basics of dairy

fendt-man-matty

Cow's walks into parlour give them some cake wash of udder's  put the cluster's on wait till she's given all her milk ACR will remove the cluster spray her with some dip open up gates and let them go repeat process till the collecting yard's empty  ;) bobs you uncle fanny's a stupid little red tractor your aunt  :D :D :D

Or we have a differnt sort or dairy farm- milking goats  :)

8:00am morning milking

11:00am washing parlour down

11:30 ish - scraping the yard out and cubicles for beef cows

after dinner - using the diet feeder for feeding up

3:00pm bedding goats up

6:00pm afternoon milking

Go to bed

In summer there is always hay to mow and shake out and in autumn there is maize to lead

Hope this helps

i think this is it in cows on my uncels farm

5:00 milking starts

6:00 still milking but my other uncel dose the scraping

6:45 finishes scraping

7:00 loaded up the straw chopper and do the bedding up

7:35 finish straw chopping

9:30 finish milking then do the feeding up

rest of the day doing over work till

5:00 and dose the after noon milking

i think this is it in cows on my uncels farm

5:00 milking starts

6:00 still milking but my other uncel dose the scraping

6:45 finishes scraping

7:00 loaded up the straw chopper and do the bedding up

7:35 finish straw chopping

9:30 finish milking then do the feeding up

rest of the day doing over work till

5:00 and dose the after noon milking

i takes 4.5hours to milk your cows?? how many roughly does he have ???

some interesting facts there, it interesting the different rotas you's have (well goats are different suppose)

roughly how many cows would some of you milk in 1 hour ???

i takes 4.5hours to milk your cows?? how many roughly does he have ???

some interesting facts there, it interesting the different rotas you's have (well goats are different suppose)

roughly how many cows would some of you milk in 1 hour ???

i think it 4 or 4 1/2 he has 180 milking

we used to start at 7:15 and finnish about 9:45 depending if there are calfs that need feeding  :) scraping is done by my uncle while my auntie is milking then after scraping he went out and fed the cows out in the fields

then do a second milk at 5:45-6.00 and finnish at about 8:30  :)

but we gave up milking about 3-4 years ago  :-[ we had a herinbourne style and it had 8 each side  :-\ :)

As per the title of topic.

A cow.

A bucket.

A 3 legged seat or stool.

A rope to tie up said cow.

Warm hands.

Transfer milk into lidded container.

Stand in cold water for 1 hour to cool.

Store in refrigerator.                            ;)

As per the title of topic.

A cow.

A bucket.

A 3 legged seat or stool.

A rope to tie up said cow.

Warm hands.

Transfer milk into lidded container.

Stand in cold water for 1 hour to cool.

Store in refrigerator.                            ;)

Drink.

Just thought I better add that.  ;)

I used to milk 44 cows in a 4 abreast Gascoign parlour up to 1997. took around 45 minutes to put the cows through. We started milking when Father bought the farm in 1961 with 13 cows and milked in a 4 abreast open bail at the bottom of the field 75 yards from the house. I remember well the winter of 1962/3 when we were under 20 foot drifts for 9 weeks and the roads were filled up to the insulators on the telephone poles and had to house the cows overnight through that winter in the only building we had at the time which was an old ex army nissen hut. The cows would come out in the morning and when they rose from their bedding, the iceicles hanging from the roof were as big around as your leg and they would break them off as they got up. Going down across the field, the nissen hut was buried under the snow and the cows made a tunnel in the snow from the hut and surfaced halfway down the field, remarkably, the water never froze up and the electricity never failed, we carried hot water for milking down from the house, could'nt find the tractor, that was buried, all bales of hay and straw was carried on our back. Fortunately, the milk lorry got to us by driving across the fields. It was the next year that we built an all-singing all-dancing state of the art covered yard for 25 cows and an adjoined milking parlour.  Happy days!

On the dairy where i worked we milked 800 cows 3 times a day. we had a herinbourne style and it had 12 each side.Two employees in each shift milked the cows and clean the beds and flushed the walking lanes with water in the barn.

Also after milking the cows they had to clean the herinbourne and the milking systeem.

Texas

corrie meats down the ards hav a lithuanian mikin for them he sleeps in a room next to the parlour,boys i know who milk hav there parlour right beside a main road they hav to keep the door locked when theyre milkin anyone that knows them runs in and switches the parlour off while milkin!