Ford 5000 UH model 1:16

From a US contact i have been told that Universal Hobbies will release a Ford 5000 European and US version.

model nr. 2704 and 2705 if i am not mistaken.

i am curious about the differences if there are any.. or if this was bogus?

I do own a Ford 5000 Ernest Doe limited edition from UH which is probably the same as the european edition except for the great display plate and certificate of being a low numbered release etc.. bla bla bla ;) (pictures, check my site www.fordcrazy001.com (collection Ford 1000-series part ;) ).

But if it looks anything like that.. i am one of the first to buy it. :P

If there is to be a U.S version, my guess that it would be similar to the Ertl precision one that came out a few years back, wider rear tyres on 28 wheels with weights, headlamps on the top, each side of the nose-cone, warning triangle on the back of the seat, glass bowl air pre-cleaner.

You could be right. i have that ERTL precision too and it is a superb model. a later model than the one UH is using for their european version. my guess is that the mudguards will be square and the front grill will be changed a bit. but i am not sure as i havent found any information on this model yet.

Ertl did a few precision Ford based models in 1:16, I have the pale grey and bright red 9N with that slatted-bar guard on the front, that's a good model. Also got the 2 furrow Deerborn plough and grader blade set for it that came out seperately.  Going back to the UH 5000, if they are going to do one I will hear about it from my freindly dealer, he's got his finger on the pulse. If I hear anything I will keep all informed.

i know about the Ertl precision line in 1:16 scale. own them all. and in all fairness.. the Universal Hobbies 1:16 models are as great if not better.  but the best Ford precision are from Danbury Mint. If you have ever seen their Ford 2000 or Ford 8N you know what i mean.

well, if you find anything out about it, i reaaaaalllllyyyy would like to know ;)

From a US contact i have been told that Universal Hobbies will release a Ford 5000 European and US version.

model nr. 2704 and 2705 if i am not mistaken.

i am curious about the differences if there are any.. or if this was bogus?

I do own a Ford 5000 Ernest Doe limited edition from UH which is probably the same as the european edition except for the great display plate and certificate of being a low numbered release etc.. bla bla bla ;) (pictures, check my site www.fordcrazy001.com (collection Ford 1000-series part ;) ).

But if it looks anything like that.. i am one of the first to buy it. :P

Hi Wil,

I have also heard this, but about 3 months ago from a contact of mine in the States, I have just sent him another e-mail (thanks for the reminder  ;) )

I was told that there was going to be a slight mod change on the mudguards (sorry cannot remember what though  :-[ )

I have also heard this, but about 3 months ago from a contact of mine in the States, I have just sent him another e-mail (thanks for the reminder  )

I was told that there was going to be a slight mod change on the mudguards (sorry cannot remember what though  )

thanks. I have the news about a US version of the Ford 5000 from a US contact too.. It sounds pretty much like i tought. that the mudgaurds will be more like the ERTL precision Ford 5000.

thanks and keep my up to date if you would..  :)