Farming action near Krefeld, Germany 2008-04-01

Richard de Florennes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY NICE PHOTOGRAPHS JUST WONDERING WHAT TYPE OF CAMERA YOU ARE USING 

I know he is in Germany but you don't have to shout!!  :D :D :D

You have taken some amazing photo's across the last few pages again Sascha, you germans do use some fantastic machinery and across quite a few decades as well. Brilliant to see the photo's as always. One of my favourites is not for the machinery this time though but for the house in the background of the shot with the boxes of lettuces and the tractor in the foreground. Looks like a very nice country house, german style. Would like to live there!!!  :o

Thanks for the very nice and encouraging feedback. Will post some more later!

Regarding THE QUESTION CONCERNING THE CAMERA EQUIPMENT ;-) ;-) ;-)

I am using mainly a CANON Powershot D6 cam from 2005, pluc recently more and more often a CANON Powershot S3 IS from 2007 the latter borrowed from my office, it is my work equipmet, as I am an online editor/communication officer for my company (unfortunately not related to farming  :'( )

Some more postings from YESTERDAY, 2008-04-04, late afternoon

Due to the good success in the Krefeld area four days ago and due to bad weather over here still not permitting sugar beet seeding nor potato planting I once again went to the more vegetable-related farming area near Krefeld (other type of soil over there than the perfect sugar beet soil here around Neuss ;-)) after work in spite of the risky weather conditions. However I thought the chances might be good as we had a nowadays rare phase of 24 dry hours.

Indeed, as it later turned out, the most impressive farming activity observed yesterday just started wehn I arrived on the plot, as the fields had just dryed out enough for working on them by late afternoon!

Farmers had to use these few remaining daylight hours as bad weather was forecasted for the next days again and indeed, we have morate to strong rain since last night and it is still going on ...

Yes thats Pictures from my Motherland

@Richard

you have made very good Pictures from many nice Tractors.

I have a Fuji Fin Pics S5700 Camera wiht 7,1 Mio Pixel, Macro and Super Macro up to 1 cm ::)

after the International XK, thing looked not so promising anymore with empty fields under murky skies.

However, not far from the field where I had seen the two Claas and two renault tractors I found a Claas with front mounted FIONA fertilzer and back mounted blue power harrow again, and with six more tractors witness on that new field within two hours this should be my record-break so far.

Amazingly not until beeing back home and checking pictures from last Tuesday I found ouit that virtually all tractors were different and also owned by a different farmer.

To recap; these are the Claas/Renault tractors seen last Tuesday:

1. Claas Ares 696RZ with FIONA fround mounted fertilizer, Lemken subsoiler and RABE powerharrow

2. Claas Ares 696RZ wizh Lemken Europal 4 furrow plough

3. 4WD old Renault with planter equipped with white red warning signs

4. onknow newer 4WD Renault (Ares?) with trailer