Cardboard cut-out models

IH885XLMAN

I believe that in years past there were a few books around that had a cardboard model 'cut-out' theme.

I have an intact one of these books from 1963 of a David Brown red 990 tractor that when cut out and put together is a very respectable and accurate 3D model of the tractor in 1:16 scale. This particular book is now a very rare item and I am obviously going to keep it in its untouched form, I will one day get the actual pages of the model parts photocopied onto appropriate card so that I can build it up without dessacrating the original. At a guess I reckon there was, but does anyone know of other tractor cut-out models?

There's a card (about A3 size from memory) of a "Harvest Gold" Leyland 4wd about 1/25 ( I have 3 somewhere and one built-up) and a Ford 7840(?) book that was around ebay a few years ago in at least 2 different covers. I have the built-up DB 990 which I showed a couple of years ago at a few shows and another still in the book.

There are some other ag. machines that I'm still searching for... ;):)

There's a card (about A3 size from memory) of a "Harvest Gold" Leyland 4wd about 1/25 ( I have 3 somewhere and one built-up) and a Ford 7840(?) book that was around ebay a few years ago in at least 2 different covers.[glow=red,2,300] I have the built-up DB 990 which I showed a couple of years ago at a few shows and another still in the book.[/glow]

There are some other ag. machines that I'm still searching for... ;):)

I remember seeing that last year or the year before nigel

be nice to purchase some classic tractor ones did you see the NEWHOLLAND combine in CT'Mag

I just wish there where lots more like that from that era

offcourse you have the britains evedale farm aswell  ;)

Here are a couple of pictures that Matt requested.  The David Brown 990 example. 'Approved and recommended by David Brown Tractors Ltd' as it says on the cover. This book was produced in 1963 and was part of a series of model books available at the time by Bancroft and this particular one was priced at 3 Shillings and Sixpence (17.5p in todays money). The first few pages have in large bold print the description of the tractor, its associated equipment and block printed pictures in black and white and a page of instructions of how to assemble the model. 

990Cut-Out01.jpg

990Cut-Out02.jpg